Skip to content

Bryn Morris signed on loan from Shrewsbury Town until January 2nd

Comments

• Never heard of him, but sounds like a decent signing at least and hopefully will prove a good replacement for Luke.

• But can he singlehandedly get us promoted the way Luke did?

• Looks to be a good signing this.

• Sounds like he was heavily involved in Shrewsbury’s success last season, comes across very well in the brief interview. Very exciting on the face of it.

• Looks like an excellent signing.

Good pedigree as a youngster, and has been involved in a successful relegation scrap with Shrewsbury season before last, and then coming very close to a promotion winning campaign last season.

Not seeing any reaction to his loan move on the Shrewsbury forum, but prior to that they were mostly saying they wanted to keep him or sell him for only 'silly money'

Think Gareth has done what he does best, unearth a gem from the loan market.

• Looks sound as usual. All Hail the gaffer.

• I will reserve judgement on this signing until I get the in-depth views of Richie and Trevor.

• Sounds like just what we needed. Good work Gareth et al.

• @mooneyman I wondered if richie has been handed a gagging order. Pre-season is usually his domain...belittling lying Gareth and giving us in the know tips on players and wages. One 'he's no better than what we have' is all we have to show for his genius so far. Promotion still hurting?

• Doesn’t seem to have gone down too well with Shrews fans, which is a good sign.

• Starter in a league 1 playoff outfit sounds excellent stuff.

• Gareth says about him "He’s an excellent box-to-box midfielder who can do both sides of the game, breaking up play and linking up with the attack, so I’ve no doubt he’ll fit into the side really well". Morris in his interview says his attributes are "Lots of energy", "Good range of passing". Also says he wants to "try and add goals" to his game. Sounds like he could be a good 'un.

• Looks another excellent signing.

• @Wendoverman said:
    But can he singlehandedly get us promoted the way Luke did?

I fear there are some who will take you seriously @Wendoverman, not least those whose worship of Luke was such that they described his departure as a disaster.

As we have seen in the case of Pierre and, to a lesser and perhaps diminishing extent, Junior Morias (both of whom are expected back at Adams Park next week), how well a player performs is often a matter of “horses for courses”. On that basis, I hope Adams Park proves to be the right course for Bryn Morris because it is surely surprising that a box-to-box midfielder has only scored a solitary goal (according to on-line stats) in his professional career.

• Seems a bit too good to be true but In GA we trust

• if he can win the ball and pass it to someone who can score, perhaps he is more fitted to our style of play!

• Luke's departure proves Minor inconvenience

• @micra , stop being negative. He "wants" to add goals. He didn't say he was a goal scoring legend.

• Sounds promising

If he's as good a signing as the last player we got from Shrewsbury then we'll all be very happy indeed

• The last two from the Shrews !!

• Of course! It was JJ I was thinking of (my MOTM on Saturday, thought he played superbly)

But yes, Adam El Abd also a very good signing. All the more reason to be optimistic

• Does seem to be a good move by the Gaffer and team. A couple more like this and we’ll be well sorted.

• @Malone said:
    @micra , stop being negative. He "wants" to add goals. He didn't say he was a goal scoring legend.

Thank goodness he didn’t. I don’t regard a comparison of the goalscoring record of our departed box-to-boxer with the non-goalscoring record of the new arrival as negative. I’m not by nature negative; I just try occasionally to redress balances. I like everything that I’ve seen and heard about Bryn, especially the fact that he’s a six-footer. We need a bit of height in midfield in addition to Marcus Bean’s (5’11”).

• some say he was there fourth choice midfielder last year .

• All we know is, he's called The Stig

• The comment about the ball being over the line to score made me smile. They are still not over that Ainsworth wonder goal are they.

• @trevor said:
    some say he was there fourth choice midfielder last year .

One said, in fact.

• @trevor said:

I’ve always admired your profound ability to find positives in all of life’s situations.

• @trevor said:

Maybe. But as we have 3 midfield positions and not many to fill them, even if he was also fourth place at wwfc will result in a large number of games.