Skip to content

Charity Score Prediction Contest??

2»

Comments

• Many thanks @mooneyman and @DevC .
    One for the morrow I think.

• I was able to pay by text (EE) without any issues.

• IN. Also donated through https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/donation-web/charity?charityId=1001022 which was a very quick and simple process.

Wycombe 0-2 Blackpool.

• I’m in.

2-1 Home win

• edited August 2018

Thanks Ned.

I am pleased to report that I have inside information that the game will go ahead at 3pm tomorrow. Gareth Ainsworth has confirmed to me that he is moderately pleased at this development. For reasons I am not quite prepared to say, I blame the board for something I am not prepared to tell you about. Trust me though it's pretty bad. Boo. Hiss.

Right, delighted to report that we have 19 entrants so far, raising including gift aid well over £200 assuming everyone has donated. Thanks everyone.
    **ANY MORE ENTRANTS WILLING TO FOREGO c. TWO PINTS OF BEER FOR A FANTSTIC CAUSE, YOU WOULD BE VERY WELCOME. ****

Still hoping to come up with some sort of prize. if I am successful I'll let you know.

• What about a signed Harriman shirt?

• Its possible Mooney. I have asked the club but response delayed due to their email problems. We'll see what if anything they come up with. Obviously it needs to be a nil cost item but your signed shirt doesn't seem a bad idea.

• Its 4 pints of beer I'm having to forego up here thank you very much @DevC. But its a worthy cause and I do need to lose weight....

• edited August 2018

£2.50 a pint Booker? Your local is either a Wetherspoons (to be avoided on principle IMHO) or still in the 1990s.

I genuinely appreciate your sacrifice of 4 pints of beer for what is indeed a great cause. Think not only of the improvement in the life of the needy homeless in the town but also of the improvement in the life of your seat.....

p.s. yes that post was a shameless bump of this thread to top of the screen in hope of attracted another entrant or two!

• OK DevC, I'm in.
    Pessimistically predicting 1-2.
    A crowd of 4850, with 450 from Blackpool.
    I'm currently away and struggling with internet compatibility and my trust in sending money from here so I'll sort out the transfer of funds when I am back.

• See the shameless bump was effective!!

Thanks Thicket. No probs re donating when you are back.

• One of the benefits of living in a run-down northern town

• It's cost me 5 whole pints and change in my local Sam Smith's. Vive le nord.

• For those who want to further help the homeless here is another opportunity

https://sleep-outlondon2018.everydayhero.com/uk/laura

(@DevC sorry for hijacking the thread a little)

• edited August 2018

Despite having already donated ten pounds to a hard-pressed High Wycombe football charity desperate for my money...I have also joined @DevC 's club via Virgin money and will go with a 2-1 win for The Blues.

• @micra said:
    I’m sure someone said they’d paid the £10 already on line. I tried to pay via text using the number and message format advised on the WHC website. I got a reply saying my message had failed. Having earlier posted the address and ‘phone number on this thread, thinking it might be helpful, I have been temporarily hoist on my own petard.

At the 500-18 Club supper, I had the privilege of sitting on the same table as Michael Harriman and his charming wife; sadly, my impaired hearing and distance from them prevented me from engaging fully (hardly at all, in fact!) in conversation with them. @Slaphead and son (@BlueBoy) - combined ages about 15 years greater than mine - were in between and were chatting merrily away. It was against this background that it occurred to me that a very nice, and very appropriate, prize would be a meal (for 4?) with the Harrimans, always assuming of course that Michael hadn’t been sold for millions in the meantime.

@micra sorry I didn’t realise that you’d had trouble hearing the Harrimans. if you find yourself in that position again elbow me hard and we’ll swap places! Hope you are fully loaded with sweets for tomorrow.

• I’ve a dilemma @Slaphead or, as a certain young “celebrity” whose name escapes me once remarked, a dimella. I built up quite a stock at the end of last season as a result of considerable over-optimism and the long hot summer has inevitably taken its toll. Wrappers have adhered slightly to confectionery but, hey ho, no time this morning to replenish them so I hope the goals don’t all come in quick succession.
    Ever the optimist. See you all there.

• 21 entrants so far raising with gift aid something close to £250 for those people with the misfortune to be homeless in the town. Once again thanks all.

Any more entries gratefully received. Predictions for this week will be accepted up to kick off.

• Sidenote: A quick search of the Gasroom for the erroneous spelling "dilemna" reveals only @DevC using this spelling. Millions of people actually use that spelling though and I'm pretty sure I was taught that spelling at school too. It's an oft cited example of the Mandela Effect, some people believe these common false memories are glitches in the matrix and signs of stuff slipping between parallel universes. Perhaps Dev and I are from another universe. Or maybe we were just in the same class at school.

• @drcongo said:
    Sidenote: A quick search of the Gasroom for the erroneous spelling "dilemna" reveals only @DevC using this spelling. Millions of people actually use that spelling though and I'm pretty sure I was taught that spelling at school too. It's an oft cited example of the Mandela Effect, some people believe these common false memories are glitches in the matrix and signs of stuff slipping between parallel universes. Perhaps Dev and I are from another universe. Or maybe we were just in the same class at school.

And now it’s all Mayo and Kermode. Did I hear Jason Isaacs has signed? Toodle Pip.

• @Manboobs Member of the church? See you in Chairboys Chapel.

• @Jonny_King said:
    @Manboobs Member of the church? See you in Chairboys Chapel.

Oh I’m a proper LTL me.

Chairboys Chapel. Like it.