Skip to content

rmjlondon waste of time !!

edited July 2018 in Football

reccurance of same injury at Chesham last night, just paying a player who looks like he will probably not play again.

Comments

• From the official match report it says he pulled up chasing a ball down the right. This would sound more like a pulled muscle than a hip injury. Was anyone there who can comment?

• ‘Paying a player who looks like he will probably not play again’. You’ve written off a 22 year old footballer despite having no idea of the nature or extent of his injury or recovery time. Did you think he was a waste of time when he was scoring goals for us every week? Do you think he actually wants to be injured?
    Comments like yours are thoughtless and cruel and I just hope that Kashket doesn’t read them.

• well said. Absolutely pathetic post

• Idiot poster, idiot thread.

Can we ban him? Or at least upgrade the block facility to extend to threads created as well as other posts (that I long ago embraced)

• edited July 2018

@WildWestFC said:
    Was anyone there who can comment?

Yes, he looked to be moving well, accelerated smoothly, came into mild (and legitimate) contact with a defender and then just carried on running down the tunnel looking miserable. He stayed upright throughout.

• Sounds more like a muscle pull than that wretched old hip flexor. To write him off at this stage is crass and I hope Richie will apologise on here for speaking out of turn.
    Scott Kashket deserves better.

• I fixed the title of the thread for you.

• Excellent (“if I may say so”) @drcongo.

• Its a big season for him really hope he stays fit has so much talent these injuries are so frustrating.

• He was running directly towards me standing in front of the Chesham bar to the left of the dug outs on the edge of the penalty box. Looked to accelerate round the outside of the defender, the Scotty of old would have ‘dropped down a gear’ and gone round him with ease. He tried, the old acceleration wasn’t there (remember Michael Owen pre and post his big injury) he pushed too hard, an instant grimace etched across his face, he knew immediately what had happened. The reaction looked like the old injury, he jogged slowly back along the touch line and straight down the tunnel without waiting to be subbed.
    To me it looked like he was in bits and perhaps even close to tears, I think that is why he disappeared straight down the tunnel. The physio didn’t follow him for a minute or so having quickly confired with Dobbo.
    Whilst the initial post in this thread was unforgivable I fear that yes we may not see Scotty in the near future, there may be a physiological element beyond the physical injury?

• I can barely start to imagine what goes through Scotty's mind when something like this happens. Every kid's dream to play football but to be good enough to do just that and then come up against such a huge recurring obstacle must be heartbreaking. No wonder he was close to tears. Hope it is just a muscle thing and more readily fixable.

Richie is an ignorant, insensitive twat who should hang his head in shame.

• Possibly the worst thread in gasroom history.

From the original poster desperate to score his fix of provoking outrage and ignoring that this a real life human being's hopes and dreams he pokes fun at, to (I have to say) Dr Congo's rather silly changing the thread title (even idiots are allowed to express their views - however moronic most may see them). Don't drop to his level, Dr.

This is a big season for Scott Kashket. If he is to succeed in his chosen profession, he needs a successful largely injury free season. It is very sad that he has picked up an injury before the season has really begun. lets all hope, for a fellow human beings sake, that it a minor one.

• @MindlessDrugHoover - Aren't all Luton fans "ignorant insensitive twats"?

• While I would not express it in the same way as @rmjlondon - I sincerely hope that Kashket's latest injury is only minor and that he will regain fitness quickly - there is, perhaps, given the player's fitness and performance levels last season, a genuine question of how long the club should wait for things to get back to the level required and when they should consider cutting their losses.

The questions asked by @glasshalffull - "Did you think he was a waste of time when he was scoring goals for us every week? Do you think he actually wants to be injured?" - are irrelevant.

What a player may have done in the past ceases to be relevant if it becomes apparent that they will not be doing the same in the future. This works both ways: a player who previously has put in poor performances may be worth keeping under contract if they are thought to have potential for improvement; a player who previously has put in great performances may not be worth keeping under contract if it appears that their glory days have gone.

If a player is injured to the extent or so frequently that they cannot perform to the level required then the question of whether or not to keep that player under contract should be considered. Whether the player wants to be injured or not has no relevance unless the player has deliberately got injured or feigned injury, in which case they may have placed themselves in breach of contract.

• While an employee has a fixed term employment contract, he is entitled to be paid what is due under that contract and in footballers cases to receive appropriate medical treatment when required.

• So basically you’re agreeing with the original poster albeit in a more civilised and articulate manner. Can I just stress that no one-myself included-has yet seen or read anything about the extent of Kasket’s injury so all this guesswork is unproductive.
    My questions were not irrelevant. No one was calling Scotty a waste of time when he was scoring regularly so why label him that now when-for all we know-he could be back in action next week? He is 22 for goodness sake, far too early and inaccurate to write him off.

• @perfidious_albion , you confused me for a minute. "dropping down a gear" is probably the opposite of what you actually mean? Unless he slowed down to rampage past defenders previously?!

• Makes sense to me, better acceleration in 2nd than 3rd!

And while the title of the thread was clearly bollocks, the question of how long we give Kashket is a valid one

• Not sure what criteria the Devonian person is applying when he asserts that this is possibly the worst thread in Gasroom history. Scott Kashket’s fitness has been an issue for the last eighteen months and those of us who had the privilege of being present when he was “scoring goals for fun” have followed the saga of his long and painful rehabilitation with a level of interest that makes it inevitable that we would now be concerned for his future.

I tend to judge the quality of a thread by its relevance, level of interest to true fans and the standard of debate. On that basis, it seems so far to be as good as most.

I really do hope that Scott Kashket will soon be back to his best. He has had a very difficult eighteen months. Equally, the care and encouragement he has received from the club have been characteristically exemplary.

• If and when a qualified surgeon was to say that Kashket will never recover sufficiently to play at the required level then and only then should his contractual situation be reviewed. Speculation now is pointless and disrespectful to the player himself.

• @Malone said:
    @perfidious_albion , you confused me for a minute. "dropping down a gear" is probably the opposite of what you actually mean? Unless he slowed down to rampage past defenders previously?!

You not a driver then @Malone ? Or not an overtaker?

• @micra said:
    Not sure what criteria the Devonian person is applying when he asserts that this is possibly the worst thread in Gasroom history.

I think you needed to see the thread before the OP having got his desired reaction edited his post and before the owner of this forum (unwisely in my view) edited the title.

I suspect all are on the same page as regards SK. There are obvious concerns about his long term fitness prognosis. We all hope that yesterdays injury was unrelated and minor. Most if not all wish him nothing but the best as a fellow human being.

In the absolute worst case where a player suffered a career ending injury, I would trust GA and AH to deal with that situation sensitively with a view to both the individual and the clubs best interests. There is no indication that is where we currently are.

• before the owner of this forum (unwisely in my view) edited the title.

We know players occasionally read this message board, perhaps now there's a chance that should Scotty happen to look at the list of threads, he won't be tempted into this cesspit.

PS. The reigning champ for Worst Thread in Gasroom History is surely still that one where @DevC came up with and then publicised his step by step plan for terrorists to attack a football match.

• I still have very fond memories of the much loved and much missed My Only Wycombe's detailed plan to introduce an 'orange card' for offences which were worth a 2nd yellow but when you didn't want to send the player off

• There used to be a lot of stuff on the gasroom about the Dead Sea Scrolls.

• edited July 2018

@micra , you may drop down a gear to get more power, say to go up a steep hill, but generally you move up a gear to increase speed.
    Hence football terminology of" not getting out of 1st gear" for a team who aren't playing at their pacey best.

Just sounded a strange terminology.

• Oh, dear @Malone, this is like pulling teeth. Dropping down a gear is what drivers of manual-geared vehicles do to enable them to accelerate. It’s a springboard, as it were, towards higher speeds and higher gears. If youstay in 1st gear your pace/speed will be low - hence the football terminology of “not getting out of first gear”.

• If you STAY in 1st gear.....

• I tried to edit the original.

• I think I may once have been stuck behind @Malone on the A30.