Skip to content

embarrassing chants

2»

Comments

• @LX1 said:
    it's great to see Wy combe young and old rejoicing at Cheaterfield.

But why the dreadful Palace and Allez?

dam busters. we all fucking hate slough

I'm not one for copying chants, especially from the Scousers. But the introduction of Allez Allez Allez made for incredible scenes and atmosphere not just at Chesterfield, but the following week against Stevenage too.

• @clifty04 why 'especially from the scoucers? '

• I'm struggling to think of an original chant that Wycombe have ever invented (apart from the apocryphal Old Bucks Boys).

The most bizarre chant this season was about 4-5 pissheads at Solihull trying to start up a singsong of Franky Goes to Hollywood's 'Relax'.

• I'm struggling to think of an original chant that Wycombe have ever invented (apart from the apocryphal Old Bucks Boys).

The most bizarre chant this season was about 4-5 pissheads at Solihull trying to start up a singsong of Franky Goes to Hollywood's 'Relax'.

• @FredWestWycombe behave yourself Fred, without even thinking too hard:

Ian Simpemba (Hey Big Spender)
    Jermaine McSporran (Flower of Scotland)
    Ian Stonebridge over troubled water (conventional hair remix)
    You're Forsyth for Sore Eyes (M People version)

• Not sure why that post has only appeared now three months late.

@peterparrotface Not sure how I forgot all of those, though your omission of 'Fola, she was a showgirl' in homage to Barry Manilow and Steve Brown's finest bit of scouting is a shocker.

• I went to an Oxford City match last season. They had a player called Poku, and brilliantly adapted the Jungle Book song "I want to be like you" with Poku. Most original one I've heard!

• @WanderingDays do they still sing "Sweet like Oxford" to the Shanks and Bigfoot tune?

• @peterparrotface said:
    @WanderingDays do they still sing "Sweet like Oxford" to the Shanks and Bigfoot tune?

Yep. It is written on lots of their fan flags too. It doesn't work as a chant though I don't think

• Like a Ryan stone chairboy?