Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

embarrassing chants

it's great to see Wy combe young and old rejoicing at Cheaterfield.

But why the dreadful Palace and Allez?

dam busters. we all fucking hate slough

Β«1

Comments

  • edited May 2018

    Many moons ago a low point for me was 'In your Fulham slums...' at Craven Cottage whilst stood in some of the most expensive real estate in the UK

  • "Cambridge is a shit hole, I wanna go home"

  • A little unfair @LX1 to refer to the Spirites as cheats.

  • predictive text! it does remind me of about 15 years ago when my Brighton mate at uni was furious about 'Cheaterfield' breaking Football League rules

  • Don’t forget β€˜York is a shithole’.

    Yeah right.

  • I still remember the steward’s face of utter bemusement and disbelief a few years ago at the Kassam when a section of the crowd started singing Oxford’s a shithole, I want to go home.

  • The "shithole" song would be fairly amusing if done with just a little self-awareness and irony. Sadly not though.

    Most embarrassing chant - Luke McCormick and the smirking self congratulation of the witless thereafter.

    Legitimate protest would have been acceptable if ignorant. Using such a subject for me-too unoriginal football banter. Moronic.

  • @OxfordBlue said:
    I still remember the steward’s face of utter bemusement and disbelief a few years ago at the Kassam when a section of the crowd started singing Oxford’s a shithole, I want to go home.

    I was thinking exactly the same when I heard that. Didn't stop me from singing it though!

  • edited May 2018

    @OxfordBlue said:
    I still remember the steward’s face of utter bemusement and disbelief a few years ago at the Kassam when a section of the crowd started singing Oxford’s a shithole, I want to go home.

    TBF Oxford itself may not be a shithole, but the Kassam is pretty much the pits of the English 92.

  • I still think the most embarrassing ever was the one directed (repeatedly) at Stuart Beavon away at Burton. Moronic, witless and shameful.

  • @Last_Quarter said:
    TBF Oxford itself may not be a shithole, but the Kassam is pretty much the pits of the English 92.

    Nothing can compete with Kennelworth dogs home.

  • @mooneyman said:
    Nothing can compete with Kennelworth dogs home.

    My most hated football ground ever & let's be honest, hardly an endearing town at best. Absolute poo hole of a place, where's Bourney when you're looking for an opinion on such a venue?

  • Love the Kennelworth pun !

  • @MindlessDrugHoover not sure of what the Beavon chant was but, given he once refused to play in a game for wycombe despite being under contract, I’d suggest any flak he got was justified.

  • @Midlander said:
    MindlessDrugHoover not sure of what the Beavon chant was but, given he once refused to play in a game for wycombe despite being under contract, I’d suggest any flak he got was justified.

    League cup game at Watford wasn't it then forced a move to Preston wasn't it?

  • One-off sick note. We played particularly well in that game. I still have vivid memories of Anthony Stewart powering into the Watford box at the end where I was sitting with a part-time Watford supporting friend. He was impressed with Wycombe that day.

  • The Burton Beavon chants were embarrassing.

  • @mooneyman @EwanHoosaami To be honest, I'd rather watch a game at Kenilworth Road over the Kassam any day. I know the view is crap, but the atmosphere and history of the place beats the Stade de Three Sides for me hands down.

  • @Last_Quarter said:
    mooneyman EwanHoosaami To be honest, I'd rather watch a game at Kenilworth Road over the Kassam any day. I know the view is crap, but the atmosphere and history of the place beats the Stade de Three Sides for me hands down.

    Can I be rude & assume that you are vertically challenged then? I will only return to that cess pit when I wish to be either a "double amputee or they spend some funds on the place and make the seating acceptable to modern size man.

  • Ha! Don’t think I’m vertically challenged - the trick is to not try and sit down in the first place!

    They’ll get their all-seater bowl soon and another old ground with a bit of character will be lost for good.

  • More like a cesspit!

  • Kenilworth Road was easily the best away ground to visit in League 2.

  • Are you a mate of Richie?

  • Are you vertically challenged?

  • An away end designed and built for Hobbits!

  • That only matters if you sit down though

  • Thought that was what seats were for.

  • @micra said:
    Thought that was what seats were for.

    There to put your handbag on!

  • @Midlander said:
    MindlessDrugHoover not sure of what the Beavon chant was but, given he once refused to play in a game for wycombe despite being under contract, I’d suggest any flak he got was justified.

    Whatever the circumstances of his dispute and departure, that day was embarrassing.

  • @micra said:
    One-off sick note. We played particularly well in that game. I still have vivid memories of Anthony Stewart powering into the Watford box at the end where I was sitting with a part-time Watford supporting friend. He was impressed with Wycombe that day.

    Watford were horrendous that too.
    Just nine months later and they had that 'Deeney moment' against Leicester.
    Similarly, a year later Leicester weren't overly impressive in beating us in the League Cup 1st Round and ended the season with the Championship title.

Β«1
Sign In or Register to comment.