Skip to content

Farewell Brownie

2»

Comments

• A goalie who coaches himself do you mean @Jonny_King ? A cost-saving an no mistake...

• Losing Barry Richardson was a blow to our coaching team and I hope we are able to invest behind the scenes as well as on the pitch to help develop players (ours and loanees). I don't think we have a hope of getting Ingram back next season but he was close to joining us before Northampton came in with an improved offer last season so who knows.

• edited May 2018

I hope we don't bring Ingram back. We've just let go a goalie who got us promoted behind a defence of El Abd and McGinley - will it really be much of an upgrade to bring back a keeper who didn't get us promoted despite playing behind a back line of Mawson and Pierre..?

• From Twitter and other internet sources, looks like Scott’s off to Port Vale on a 2 year contract.

• To be fair to one of our own @aloysius as I recall it the tight defence we enjoyed before this season, did not have the goalscoring prowess at the other end and so often spent 90 minutes under constant barrage either holding on to a 1 - 0 lead or defending a 0 - 0 before tiring.

• edited May 2018

That Mawson must be terrible seeing as we didn’t get promoted when he was there, but we did without him. I wouldn’t want him back in the team.

• He's only one league ahead of us now anyway.

• @DevC said:
    He's only one league ahead of us now anyway.

He won't be though. The only thing Swansea's relegation does is knock off £5m from his price tag.

• I know Adam.

Tottenham favourites I understand.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    It would be great if you could use a hyphen. I'm worried about the strain on micra's heart, reading about Sam Saunders' resignation!

Belated response from me. Not so much strain on me heart. More a case of me heart sinking that the distinction between resigning and re-signing (polar opposites) can be so carelessly ignored.

• certainly tongue in cheeky from @Aloysius there!
    Brown certainly isn't anywhere near the top of the most influential players for us this season. I remember Ingram being a lot more important, for reasons like @wendoverman says.

If brown's off to Port Vale, that's strange, as his last tweet now suggests it was as much his decision as ours.
    Does he live near Cheltenham? Can't be any closer to go to Port Vale than Wycombe surely?!

• won't let me edit, but on google, Port Vale is a fair bit extra as a journey from Cheltenham, than he's making to Wycombe (based on living near Cheltenham...)

• He lives in Wolverhampton or nearby so not far away from stoke a lot closer then wycombe

• I believe Adams contract runs out this summer ,no news about him if so?

• @Mr67 said:
    I believe Adams contract runs out this summer ,no news about him if so?

He signed a 2 year last summer (I re found Wycombe's tweet announcing the signing). Some places do seem to suggest he was only on a one year deal though which seems to have caused the confusion.

• I must admit i was wondering who Adams was for a second!

The combination of a lack of an apostrophe, and complete lack of ever calling El Abd by his first name threw me!

• At least people aren't calling him 'El Bad' anymore.

• @Malone said:
    I must admit i was wondering who Adams was for a second!

The combination of a lack of an apostrophe, and complete lack of ever calling El Abd by his first name threw me!

I presumed he was referring to El-Abd anyway, rather than myself.

• Sorry for the confusion caused by myself but thank you for clearing up the matter of when his contract runs out ,

• Got a bit emotional when Brownie was subbed and clearly saying farewell last Saturday. Similar reaction this morning watching the departure video. Like Adam El-Abd, he went from zero to hero. But faster.