Skip to content

lets sell out !!!

Comments

• Beg pardon @OxfordBlue ? Are you on the wrong thread or am I just being thick?

• The separated end suggestion is exactly how Lincoln did it. The walkway was controlled by stewards.

• edited May 2018

@floyd said:
    I'm just trying to remember, i know we've had times when the whole away end was given over to home fans with away fans in the corner of the Main Stand, but we've never had both sets in a segregated away end have we?

Easy enough to open the gate to the Frank Adams and use that tea bar, and i suppose, to move one of the banners as segregation, but how would you segregate the walkway?

I may be imagining things but wasn't it a split away end for the Southend promotion day in 2011?
    Notts County were put in the corner and the away end was all for home fans in 2009.

• @clifty04 is right. I've found some footage of that Southend match in 2011 which shows the away end split in two:

• @LeedsBlue said:
    The separated end suggestion is exactly how Lincoln did it. The walkway was controlled by stewards.

Thanks to that, I’ve just fell in @OxfordBlue .

• @clifty04 i wasn't there so you'd have a better idea than i would. It ought to be possible, and is probably what the club were alluding to in the earlier tweet.

Knowing our luck there'll be some obscure certificate we haven't got...

• Surely it can be done, especially with the game having zero needle in it. It's just an end of season celebration for both teams who couldn't care less about each other (although we obviously have more to celebrate!)

• We have a lot to be thankful to Stevenage for particularly a Mr Revell. Hope we make them very welcome on Saturday.

• Be a truly sad day indeed if Wycombe and Stevenage fans can't share a tea bar without causing trouble

• I agree with you @Username and @eric_plant, but i'm assuming the football league rules think otherwise...

• the club are trying to get the police to agree, but tbh there are still 300 tickets left now. I would think the game will be made All Ticket with none available on the day and the away end split in half with tea bar in Family Stand being used.

• block G has been left empty I presume the players will use this to celebrate if fans won't leave the pitch area.

• Will you be there with a big stick holding all them pesky fans on your pitch back, richie?

• Tea bars/kiosks are always something of a nightmare. Longer queues will simply delay the onset thereof.

• @HCblue as I usually take me own refreshments I'm largely immune, but it does always surprise me that people are still at the back of an impressive queue when the second half starts. I never need chips that much.

• Can't see it happening.
    Stevenage will bring too many to cram in a different stand, and we simply won't have the know how and desire to mess about.

I'm sure we didn't give Oxford extra once because the extra stewarding etc would cost more than the benefit.
    While not the same level of local rivalry/risk from fans/stand, probably in and around the same principle.

Is it down to those Bristol Rovers fans gooning our stadium up that time that we have the reduced capacity?
    Will be fun welcoming them again next year.

• I expect or hope we'll make a bit more effort to please our own fans than poxford's

• How good was that Southend day in 2011?

Saturday will be like that but without the nerves jangling

It is going to be such a day to remember.

• 207 tickets now left, will it sell out tonight ........

• @rmjlondon said:
    block G has been left empty I presume the players will use this to celebrate if fans won't leave the pitch area.

Because the players clearly hated celebrating with the fans at Chesterfield.

• its not safe, could have easily been a player who broke a leg and not a supporter.

• @rmjlondon clearly hated celebrating with the fans. Or with anyone. No reason for celebration. Not at all. In advance: Sorry we hurt your field mister.

• @DJWYC14 , Saturday was the day to remember son, can't believe you missed it!

• @DJWYC14 it's an interesting one. For me, the 'nerve jangling' is all part of what makes those days great. The not knowing the overall outcome beforehand. I'm so glad we're up, of course - but at the end of the day, the Stevenage game is a 'dead rubber'. An exhibition match, if you will. Day out at the fair - yes. Tension filled football match - no. If we score, there will be no "explosion of emotion" like the Gape goal last week. The final whistle will signify nothing of importance. Will it be better, or worse, for that? I genuinely don't know, because I can't think of/remember a similar occasion. The closest similar game must be Macclesfield at home, our last game in the Conference. Apart from the fact that we lost, I don't remember much about the day at all.

• Surely you remember someone singing that 'Wycombe, are the champions whoaaa' song and Martin parading the trophy after?

• Actually, no. I'd have to dust off the old VHS and watch 'Double Glory' again.

Maybe there was just so much to celebrate back then, and the celebrations have all blurred...

But my main point was I don't remember whether my excitement levels were different for that Macclesfield game - nothing riding on it, but celebration of achievement - compared to the games where we needed the points.

• @LeedsBlue I know totally where you are coming from, but ever since supporting the Blues it's felt like we never do things the easy way

To have a free game where we can all party and celebrate such a great achievement with no stress is something that I personally cannot wait for.

• @DJWYC14 I guess no matter the relative levels of excitement, and how each individual derives them, the scenario of last week gives a win-win in that we had the tension, with the perfect end result, and now the 'bask in the glory' day to follow it up. So much better than limping past Chesterfield, then screwing it all up on the final day! I argued a few weeks back that it's better to clinch it early than go through the play-off agony again, even if we ended up winning via that route - just to eliminate the extra month of anguish. So now I've got what I prayed for, I shouldn't really moan about a 'dead rubber', should I?

• I made the mistake of saying to someone that it will be lovely to be at a Wycombe match completely relaxed and not unduly concerned if we’re only one goal up with ten minutes to go. I was nearly eaten alive. “You don’t care if Wycombe lose? How can we celebrate if we lose? Our home record is appalling. Losing 4-2 at home to a team that will probably be relegated “. etc. Well, sorry I spoke ! All I was saying was that a defeat, disappointing as it would be, wouldn’t, for me, detract from the joy and exhilaration of achieving automatic promotion.

• Definitely more exciting when we need a result like last Sat. Stevenage will just be about getting as drunk as possible for me