Skip to content

Plan A

13»

Comments

• Perhaps what is served up at Llandudno defies the description of football?

• I was wondering whether the tweet was some kind of 'in-joke' - but since rmj has confirmed it, I'm now entirely happy that it is a fact. How could I doubt a man who provides up-to-the-minute partridge shit seat forecasts after 9pm on a week night?

• he has stopped playing football, he played 1 game for them. not good enough for the national league let alone league 1

• Besides the obvious mammoth football brain and insider knowledge it's always Richie's warmth and compassion that makes him stand out from the crowd. That and his willingness to accept when he is wrong.

• Alex Lynch played more than one game for Llandudno. Wrong as usual Richie.

He left Chester after playing 40 games for them when they ran out of money.

He did very well for us and obviously still thinks highly of us. I wish him well whatever he chooses to do in life.

• @Wendoverman because he thinks he’s talking about characters on ChampMan, not real life people.

• Considering the sheer bad luck of being the No.2 to an ever-present (and thus no proper game time) until part-way through the very last (potentially critical) game of the season, then being chucked right in the deep end for 2 legs of a play-off semi v Plymouth (although beating them with a reserve keeper is a bit of a speciality of ours) and then, as if that wasn't enough, 120 mins plus penalties at Wembley, and then, as if even all of that wasn't enough, having to stand in again vs.... Premier League Villa. That was a hell of a baptism, and he stood up to it pretty damn well. Then, when he finally got a chance to be a regular, he got a sh*tty injury.

However, I'm sure rmj will tell exactly the same story in a completely different way.

• And what huge character to come on Twitter and congratulate the club that let him go. Says a lot about the man.

• He was never gonna be Number 1, too small for a start and your talking absolute bollocks @LeedsBlue

• You never disappoint

• I thought Leeds was spot on tbh.

• While Richie always takes things to extremes, we've all had choice words to say about some members of the squad this season, particularly McGinley, WDH, el-Abd and Brown. Fans being aggressively rude about unfavoured players is part of the game and that's why anyone who wants to be a professional footballer is warned not to read their fans' forums, though I bet they all do (hi guys!)

Lynch's short but very sweet career with Wycombe will give him anecdotes for life, if nothing else, and it's great that he retains affection for the club and his former team mates. However the idea he might be the answer - even in part - to our goalkeeping issues would, I suggest, take sentimentality to even more of an extreme than Richie with his bluntness.

• Of all the ex players someone listed on another thread that we might get back in, lovely lad withstanding, he would be near the bottom.

• 34 and played 23 games in last two and a half years. Do we really need another injury prone old timer now we are in the first division?

• That would be quite some promotion.

• If Oxford released him after a handful of appearances during a fairly average League One campaign, it begs the question is he going to be any good for us next year in the same division?

• Assuming the Accrington keeper cannot be nicked, if we could prise one of the league two stoppers away this year who would we go for?

• I thought Grimsby's keeper was pretty good, McKeown

• @mooneyman said:
    34 and played 23 games in last two and a half years. Do we really need another injury prone old timer now we are in the first division?

I’ve come late to this thread and was bemused by the above comment especially as, from memory, Alex is nowhere near 34. Had to plough back through a forest of posts to alight on the name of Mike Williamson. Correct?

Excellent post from @aloysius (as usual). First two words of last paragraph gave me pause for a millisecond though.

Like @DevC, I thought the equally admirable @LeedsBlue was spot on with his post of 12.10 am.

• @micra That is entirely your fault Mr Micra sir for previously publicly savaging me for attaching someone else's post to mine!

• ‘oist on me own petard, as it were.
    Love the idea that little frail ole me is capable of savaging anyone publicly!

• I suspect that you are as frail as Joey Barton Micra!

• Mansfield's 'keeper has been good at our place the last two years.

• @HCblue said:
    Mansfield's 'keeper has been good at our place the last two years.

Conrad Logan - would be a good fit in terms of his character too.

• Llandudno boasts the logest pier in Wales. Who would bother with football?

• Someone allergic to wood?

• Conrad Logan would be far more expensive than we would pay on wages.