Skip to content

Change kit to become away kit?

13»

Comments

• Celebrating late @ValleyWanderer !

• I think a revival of the 93/94 'third kit' might attract some for nostalgia. (Green and white stripes)

• @LX1 good luck with that idea. It was rounded up and chased out of the gasroom when I suggested it the last time this topic came up. But for me it will always have a special place, marking our first ever match as a Football League side.

• maybe in 2093 it will make a comeback!

• The tea towel kit!

Barnet used the exact same one

• I aint seen no tea towel like that!

• I seem to remember people said it was too similar to the Toilet Ducks' kit.

• edited April 2018

Hmmmm - it's no better argument than our yellow kit looking like Slay Tain. Which I've never heard anyone complain about.

But I've always sensed I was on a loser trying to campaign for its return. So I've moved on now! Cos I won't be around when it becomes the EFL Membership centenary kit as suggested by @LX1

• @LX1 said:
    I think a revival of the 93/94 'third kit' might attract some for nostalgia. (Green and white stripes)

When we moved from (Crawley) to Wycombe in 1993, this was the first kit my younger son Matt had and he loved it. I've always wondered if it might return. The South west haters on here will vilify it of course as too Plymouth like! Just saying....

• Hated that kit. Was a bit upset when we wore it at Carlisle for the first league game. Didn't like the colours or design. Nothing Wycombe-like about it at all.

• edited April 2018

Bringing back a classic "retro" change kit as an away kit is actually a genius idea.

I'd never buy a change kit normally, but if they released a copy of an 80s/90s kit then I probably would.

I've no doubt it would sell far far more than any loud new design.