Skip to content

MKDons pretty much relegated to League 2

Comments

• Oh fantastic. I must try and listen to that

• @Jonny_King said:
    Relegation confirmed today. Allegedly ugly scenes outside their ground with angry franchise customers confronting Gollum the owner. Dean Lewington sounded close to tears on BBC3C. Delightful!

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

• Poor Dean Lewngton. Such a lovely guy. Let's all wave to him as we pass him on the way up.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Poor Dean Lewngton. Such a lovely guy. Let's all wave to him as we pass him on the way up.

Every time I pass that ground I will have one hell of a grin on my face

• Just when you think this day couldn’t get better

• @Morris_Ital said:
    Just when you think this day couldn’t get better

@Morris_Ital said:
    Just when you think this day couldn’t get better

It’s magnificent isn’t it?

• Let's hope AFC Wimbledon stay up. All the places that Winkleman thought were insignificant are now in a division higher than him. That business plan worked well, eh pete?

• Yep @arnos_grove It is I can’t stop grinning and bursting into spontaneous laughter

• @Morris_Ital said:
    Yep arnos_grove It is I can’t stop grinning and bursting into spontaneous laughter

I keep breaking into song.

• The best thing about sealing promotion at Chesterfield was listening to 3 Counties as I drove back past Milton Keynes laughing like a bastard.

• So glad we bypass the cunts altogether.

• @drcongo said:
    The best thing about sealing promotion at Chesterfield was listening to 3 Counties as I drove back past Milton Keynes laughing like a bastard.

Indeed. I’m going to laugh all year.

• So glad we'll avoid them, the tedious debate about them for 2months before each fixture gets old very fast.

• @LX1 said:
    Not a day for celebration but a satisfied nod towards the day when this sad chapter of English football ends

I re-quote this as I feel the same way, not hate and perhaps a little sadness for MK (the city/town) but somehow pleased to see justice in the end.

• The overall Wimbledon story is so much stranger than fiction.

• We will still end up on MW on 3CR though.......

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed, now we are the senior club in Bucks once more, I hope that 3CR will give us reporting priority over Franchise. One thing I'm not looking forward to next season is having to listen to Karl Robinson droning on post-match on BBC Radio Oxford.

• Wycombe up, Franchise down, Hallelujah / Wycombe up, Franchise down, Halleluuuuuuuujah

• Did our catchment area just expand?

Love to be able to offer people who go and watch them - I won't say fans - an opportunity to come and watch football played by a real team on Saturday.
    Their game is away and didn't we do something in the past for neighbouring 'big' clubs. Although I wouldn't want to do this if there is a chance we will sell out against Stevenage.

• @railwaysteve , the only miniscule down side of yesterday of course, is any glory, floating fans now probably won't come. Wouldn't think we'd be anywhere near a sell out, maybe not even beating our highest gate this season by much?

There is something marvellous about sealing things a long distance away. Torquay and now Chesterfield.

• The Chesterfield game is already Wycombe legend. As you say, it feels better doing it in an away match for some reason. The scenes after both goals (but particularly Gape's), will stay with me forever. As will the pitch invasion and post-match celebrations.

• While being way too old and dignified to be getting involved in any pitch invasion or extreme cheering, I did enjoy watching the more uninhibited do so.

Wondering where Gaz was, then seeing him emerge upon shoulders in the middle of a throng of wild celebrations, was all time memory fare.

• Haha. My claim to fame forever is that I gave Gareth the Wycombe flag he unfurled when getting carried by the crowd. It was covered in blood too, because Scotty Brown had clobbered me in the nose during the pile in. I didn't notice until after I got it back!

• @Malone Hopefully the Billy Bandwagoners (who presumably won't have been at Chesterfield) will come along for the party anyway. Sounds like the club are already busy making next Saturday into a big event.

Given that Stevenage aren't likely to bring many, we could always stick them in the corner and run some kids offer in the away end. What better game to get local youngsters hooked than a promotion party?*

*Notable exception: v Notts County in 2009.

• Quote from 'The Concrete Roundabout' which made I fair smile, it did. Nay, it made I chuckle mightily.

"Having a quiet beer at half time in the Cowshed bar, it was pointed out to me that the arena contained a row of (mainly) expensive cars. Was it a car show or an auction? No. The players cars were moved in there in case 'fans' vandalised them in the car park."

• Acknowledge on thread, MK passing us as we rise and they fall, can I say that I hope their fall isn't temporary and this will be a continuous downward curve until they bottom out where they should have started. Happy days are here again. :-)

• @Jonny_King At least we won't be playing for a draw on Saturday, unlike that fateful day.

• Very true!

• Best of luck to Chesham tonight in the Berks & Bucks Cup tonight. Would be brilliant if they managed to beat them to top off a dreadful season for the Franchise bottom feeders.

• Have they got a goalkeeper now?