Skip to content

MKDons pretty much relegated to League 2

what a happy day !

Comments

• Desperately sad for such a big club.

• And Morecambe's point tonight confirms Chesterfield's relegation.

• indeed it does, so what shall we expect on Saturday.

• Demoralised or defiant, who knows. Gonna be tense whatever.

• A win i hope !

• a goal in the first 5 mins would make a massive difference.

• Particularly if it was for Chesterfield.

• @MBS said:
    Desperately sad for such a big club.

Very good. Really made me laugh!

• Chesterfield have no pressure on, and perhaps some nostalgic pride to play for - one last EFL win etc.

Guy Branston is caretaker manager, not someone I'd want to let down easily. A few players performing for their livelihoods as well I dare say.

Not being pessimistic, just pointing out that professional teams rarely give it all up in the way we might want them to.

• @Stoat_Goggles Ian Evatt is caretaker manager not Branston. You’re getting yourself into a pickle!

• Branston was caretaker before Lester took over.

• Good news, hopefully they will continue to tumble as apparently attendances are dropping alarmingly and Winkleman's money is running out (just an anecdote I've heard - may not be true). I'd love to see them go bust - I don't say that lightly and I'd never dream of saying it about another team, but they are not a legitimate football club.

No strong feelings about Chesterfield, their fans seem a mostly decent bunch I suppose, but always* sad to see an established pro side slip out the league. Crazy to think they were in League One last season. Sounds like they've suffered from bad ownership and it just goes to show how perilous the bottom divisions can be. Even if we do get promoted, we mustn't think we can relax and take our collective eye off the ball.

*Unless it's Bristol Rovers.

• Franchise

• Another good reason for making sure we win our last two games. We really don’t want all those Franchise plastics contaminating AP next year.

• Ian Evatt is Caretaker. Ex Blackpool Centre half.

• Not a day for celebration but a satisfied nod towards the day when this sad chapter of English football ends

• A very reasonable and considered post @LX1

• Would be excellent if everything goes our way and we go up at Chesterfield, dancing on the terraces, whilst MK's inevitable relegation is confirmed.

• We really need to turn chesterfield over as they will be playing for pride (that it sounds like they've lacked all season!) In front of a potentially hostile home crowd. A few chants of sack the board from us will probably go down well an all.

• Winkleman has apologised to the “fans” and declared that their club is “stable”, from experience I’ve found when company directors make a point of stating that we’re stable usually the opposite is true.

• If ever there was a time for unfurling the old bucks boys banner it’s tbis weekend

• @OxfordBlue That's an old bucks word - tbis - I've not heard in a long time. Ain't it.

• @OxfordBlue @DJWYC14 @ReadingMarginalista @LX1 lot of work going on behind the scenes on this...

• @OxfordBlue said:
    If ever there was a time for unfurling the old bucks boys banner it’s tbis weekend

I seem to remember someone saying they were storing it, needs to be paraded vs Stevenage + lyrics printed in programme / back of team sheets for the Facebook fans who seem to support ‘Wycombe FC ( the team for me)! - time to revive our unique chant ‘come on let’s make some noise’.

• edited April 2018

The 'Wycombe FC' bit of that chant is all the more ridiculous to anyone who knows their Wycombe Wanderers history. The 'High Wycombe FC' that were around in the late 19th century were the establishment, well-heeled team that the rough around the edges, working-class Wanderers were the antithesis to.

• @peterparrotface Gareth Ainsworth has confirmed that the Old Bucks Boys banner could be in the starting eleven tomorrow (make of that what you will).

• The High Wycombe Chair Fettlers and Cushion Plumpers banner is a doubt though.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    The 'Wycombe FC' bit of that chant is all the more ridiculous to anyone who knows their Wycombe Wanderers history. The 'High Wycombe FC' that were around in the late 19th century were the establishment, well-heeled team that the rough around the edges, working-class Wanderers were the antithesis to.

Absolutely:

‘We are the North Town
    See the bosses frown
    Where will we Wander?
    All the posh folk wonder

On the Rye, through the Shambles
    In the Frogmor fountains.
    This is our town

We are the boys from the North Town
    Now cough up half-a-crown’

• Reading the 'Wanderers bible' it as not just High Wycombe FC who felt aloof, and above the 'lower class Wanderers.

• Relegation confirmed today. Allegedly ugly scenes outside their ground with angry franchise customers confronting Gollum the owner. Dean Lewington sounded close to tears on BBC3C. Delightful!