Skip to content

Matt Bloomfield signs a new contract

13»

Comments

• @Chris : But the catering and halftime music might improve.

• On second thoughts, the catering might improve.

• can I just make absolutely clear that the award of a two year contract to the 34YO MB says absolutely nothing about the succession planning for GA eventual departure as the award of a two year contract to the 34 YO CMS demonstrates.

Any idiot who suggested it does deserves to feel a little foolish now.....

• Matt Bloomfield will not manage again this season.

• That’s surely humility beyond the pale on your part, Dev.

• Frustratingly, Blooms gave Richie two examples to choose from in the Lincoln game alone - as he also failed to get a shot on target after PCH's peach of a back-heel that completely wrong-footed their defence. What Richie fails to appreciate though, is the awareness, energy and forward drive that gets Blooms into those positions in the first place. For sure, he's not perfect, but we always have to remember where we are in the football pyramid.

We're not discussing the greatest living Wycombe player here, but we are discussing an extremely respected, thoroughly professional, 100% effort, one-club man, whose positive influence is without question. You only have to watch him celebrate on the pitch after a win to see what this club means to him. I'm delighted that he'll be around the place for a while longer.

• Very well said @LeedsBlue.

• @rmjlondon So you prefer MB over MB? Or is it the other way round?

• @DevC said:
    can I just make absolutely clear that the award of a two year contract to the 34YO MB says absolutely nothing about the succession planning for GA eventual departure as the award of a two year contract to the 34 YO CMS demonstrates.

Any idiot who suggested it does deserves to feel a little foolish now.....

yes but CMS can run !!!

• @LeedsBlue agree. I read someone equate it to Hayes and his 2 year deal when they are monumentally different situations.

Bloomfield is probably ideal fare to have in a pool of 5-6 centre mids. He doesn't need to be the star man, or start every week, he won't be a top earner, but he'll more than hold his own when needed, all with a terrific attitude behind the scenes.

Gaz has learnt to be more ruthless now, Hayes showed that. He's not being kept as any kind of "old room mates" favour for certain.

• @rmjlondon said: yes but CMS can run !!!

So could I in my day, I still couldn't finish a good meal though!