Skip to content

Comments

• awful work imo - he deserved a year max and if we go up he will hardly play.

• Great news. We need to continue a spine of continuity going forward and a better ambassador than Matt Bloomfield I can’t think of.
    The article mentions coaching and I am sure then next 2 years will see Matt evolve into a first class coach.
    I was pondering that some of the squad could be playing the next 2 weeks to put themselves out of a job. This shows the club are planning for the future.

• lets get CMS signed before the weekend

• It makes sense in the context of him being a useful squad player, a positive face in the drsssing room, and the potential coaching move. I’m not sure of the need to make it 2 years rather than 1, but a low risk move I guess.

That said, I can’t see us keeping both Bloomfield and Bean, especially if we go up...

• Is there any debate with Bean, bearing in mind we had to strongly twist his arm for this year?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @P8Bo said:
    It makes sense in the context of him being a useful squad player, a positive face in the drsssing room, and the potential coaching move. I’m not sure of the need to make it 2 years rather than 1, but a low risk move I guess.

That said, I can’t see us keeping both Bloomfield and Bean, especially if we go up...

Long term our future manager?

• I think it is excellent news. A much underrated player in my view. Uses the ball well, finds good positions and often makes the runs that open up space for others.

• I would like to see Bean as player/chairman

• Fantastic news! Great to see Blooms being rewarded with a good contract, especially considering his loyalty has been exploited in the past, particularly badly under Peter Taylor/Steve Hayes. I agree he is grossly underrated as a player and his last couple of seasons have arguably been among his best at the club.

Clearly showing some early promise as a coach - other players have been mentioning that in interviews for some years now. Perhaps a future Wycombe manager?

Absolutely superb that we have secured his services for another two years and anyone who disagrees better own an alarm clock and a set of duelling pistols.

• He is obviously being groomed to be the next Manager.

• With our history of successfully encouraging up and coming new managers, I think it's probably not a bad idea.

• Dagenham away..their first game in the football League. Bumped into Matt and his missus getting the tube. Despite our sad drunken congratulations he took time to have a conversation. An absolute gentleman and Wycombe legend.

• If he has the talent, it would be fantastic to end up with another manager who genuinely loves the club.

• He was gareth's roomie on away trips in the old days wasn't he? Perhaps he's s part of the ten year plan.

• That would be a wonderful story if it ever happens.

• I dread to think how slow Blooms will be in 2 years, maybe he'll start running backwards

• No post from @arnos_grove? Guessing he's fainted.

• I believe that having the likes of Bloomfield, Tyson & Akinfenwa in the dressing room will be great for the club. You need a nucleus of strong characters to set the tone for a dressing room. It also helps new players to fit in. It's not all about what happens on the pitch - a fragmented dressing room full of talented players with big egos can be a nightmare. Having a dressing room with strong characters & leaders is something the likes of Arsenal have been lacking for several seasons now.

• But he's not just in the dressing room though, is he? No problem with him being around the club but if we get promoted and he plays 15+ because we've not got in anyone better in then I'd suggest we will struggle. Found it very frustrating watching him over the past few seasons.

• Seriously @FmG? Most of the games I've seen him play this season he's been good and often excellent. A chronically underrated player.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    Seriously FmG? Most of the games I've seen him play this season he's been good and often excellent. A chronically underrated player.

I agree with you, I think Blooms has been back to his best.
    His hard work in midfield often goes unnoticed and creates the platform for our more creative players to thrive.

• He can be good at breaking up play but the advance role he has been playing this year is really not suited to his play in my opinion. Too often he's been running at the defence with his head down which means he fails to lay it off and ends up either just running into the defence or resorting to diving (prime example of Saturday). Can't fault his effort and will run all game long but is often chasing shadows and unfortunately he is not blessed with creativity

• @glasshalffull said:
    His hard work in midfield often goes unnoticed and creates the platform for our more creative players to thrive.

Problem is that he is meant to be our creative player when he's playing in the front of the midfield 3. For example on Saturday he was playing ahead of Bean and Gape so it was up to him to create something for our front 3. I'd suggest he didn't do this very effectively

• But you’ve picked one example when the whole team had a collective off day. Also there was no Saunders or 09 and Gape departed early so Matty’s role changed for this game. At worst he’s an effective sub when we have a clean bill of health.

• Has never been a creative player and with Beano retiring will probably be expected to take over his holding role.

• Has Beany confirmed that he’s retiring?

• I have but often this season that is the role he has been playing, especially since Eze left us. Of those 3 it is only Saunders who would have replaced him in the front of the midfield 3.

Total agreed that if he is back up to a proper midfield then there is no problem. As I started with, if he starts 15+ games next season then I think we'll have a problem

• not if we win them.

• @Wendoverman can't fault your logic!