Skip to content

Last night thoughts

Comments

• McGinley was outstanding alongside the skipper last night, giving him a 4 is absolute nonsense.

• @rmjlondon said:
    McGinley was outstanding alongside the skipper last night, giving him a 4 is absolute nonsense.

Outstanding indeed

• every time Rhead jumped for a header he has 2 hands on his back not sure how he is meant to defend that either, if the shocking referee did his job properly that would have been a much easier game. I would have preferred to see Graham Salisbury who was the 4th in the middle with his experience than the jumped up ex premier league lino we had.

• @rmjlondon who are your top 5 current referees?

• in what league ?

• McGinley was absolutely superb. 4 is a load of nonsense

• Im glad Im not the only one who could see that !!

• He made one slight mistake against Cambridge and has been hung out to dry for it, you can hear the idiot brigade all game everytime the ball goes near him.

• Sorry everyone I'm off to specsavers. McGinley was "absolutely superb". What exactly was "absolutely superb" about his performance @IanBeale? @rmjlondon what did you see to suggest his "outstanding" display?

• no such thing as a league 2 referee.

• Referees who you might find officiating League 2 games.

• I am hoping to be in the south East at the weekend and may take in the Accy game. before making a final decision whether to attend this vital promotion game, I really could do with knowing who the ref will be, plus if possible the Linesman on the woodlands side. Ritchie, could you help me out?

• I would say Ross Joyce is probably the best we have had this season of the Referee’s who are part time and Andrew Madley from select group 2.

• @DevC said:
    I am hoping to be in the south East at the weekend and may take in the Accy game. before making a final decision whether to attend this vital promotion game, I really could do with knowing who the ref will be, plus if possible the Linesman on the woodlands side. Ritchie, could you help me out?

Plastic fan!

• Darren Drysdale is the referee, which is not the best we could have got.

• Which one was the referee for the Adams Park Luton game? He was one of your faves for a time wasn't he?

• @rmjlondon said:
    Darren Drysdale is the referee, which is not the best we could have got.

Issued 33 yellow cards and 1 red in his last 5 games!

• Drysdale does seem to like using his cards. He gave Barry Richardson a yellow in our home game against Carlisle last season when Richardson was on the bench as an unused substitute.

• Richardson was lucky not to get sent off most weeks given the amount of stick he used to give the officials

• @Wendoverman said:
    Which one was the referee for the Adams Park Luton game? He was one of your faves for a time wasn't he?

James Linnington

• @eric_plant said:
    Richardson was lucky not to get sent off most weeks given the amount of stick he used to give the officials

He was very vocal but nothing compared to the behaviour witnessed from the opposition bench when we played Mansfield and Crewe at home and Notts County away.

• Come on @glasshalffull I reckon Baz lost about a stone every game with all the up and down and finger jabbing. His fitbit must have been flashing red from 20 minutes in.
    (Whereas Mr Evans was just totally red from ten minutes in)

• Has there ever been anything even the slightest touch critical of Wycombe Wanderers that you’ve agreed with @glasshalffull ?

• That the town centre is more dangerous now than when he was a lad?

• @Chris said:
    Has there ever been anything even the slightest touch critical of Wycombe Wanderers that you’ve agreed with glasshalffull ?

No Chris.

• Me either.

• I’ve noticed that whilst the majority of fans from other clubs who post on chat rooms are highly critical of other teams, players, managers etc, there’s a tendency on here to be fair minded to the point of highlighting our own misdemeanours but ignoring those of the opposition.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I’ve noticed that whilst the majority of fans from other clubs who post on chat rooms are highly critical of other teams, players, managers etc, there’s a tendency on here to be fair minded to the point of highlighting our own misdemeanours but ignoring those of the opposition.

What is wrong with that?

• @glasshalffull , Alan Smith. You must have joined in with criticism there.

...at the end