Skip to content

Match day thread: Lincoln

124»

Comments

• @LincolnImp agree with most of that. A tense night, with no quarter given by both sides. Difficult playing conditions. Your 'bouncing up and down' section was quite noticeable just before kick-off. The 'you don't know what you're doing' after disallowing the most blatant of shoves was a little embarrassing, though. Was it really that hard to spot? The haranguing for time wasting was more understandable. The first half was akin to American Football - lots of breaks in play, and the occasional flurry of action. Inevitable really, when both sides are playing the same way. Certainly one of the more physical battles I've seen. Draw a fair result. Friendly stewards, friendly fans. It crossed my mind, if results go a certain way in the next couple of weeks, that we may have to go through it all again twice more before the season is over...

• @LincolnImp said:
    Hello

A final chance to post on your forum after last night's game.

Personally I really enjoyed the game- first half particularly was a great advert for EFL2 football- several chances at both ends, full blooded commitment from both teams and a great atmosphere from both sets of fans.

On the night your game plan worked better than ours- every manager has a game plan for every game and GA understood how to get a point last night. Several times this season (most notably Carlisle away on Easter Monday) we worked it to our advantage and you worked it well last night.

A point puts in back in 6th with a game in hand over Mansfield- our finishing quality in final third was a little off last night but football is about what you make it so WWFC deserve a lot of credit for playing at a tough ground, with a crowd baying at your players and the ref (but you'll notice not your fans), in really tough weather conditions on a pitch which has been poor since Janaury. Ref wasn't the best I've seen and 4 yellow cards for WWFC and 0 for LCFC may not reflect the whole game as WWFC fans would see it. We play to our game plan away from home and if the ref isn't on the ball we will continue as you did and fair play to that.

Finally the air raid siren!

Lincolnshire was known as "Bomber" county during WW2 and the famous Dambusters squadron (the 617 squadron) were based only 14 miles from Lincoln. Thats why our "boys" in the singing section are called 617 squadron. Passionate about LCFC, they formed around 10 years ago to make some noise at LCFC games.

The air raid siren is unique in EFL to my knowledge and is manually cranked when we have a corner- it is a bit of a homage to our roots during WW2 and if, at any point, it makes a opposition defending lose their focus for a split second and we score then it is worthwhile.

That's all- if I get the chance to write again if we meet next season then all of us will be either really elated or really disappointed.

Good luck in the last 3 games

What a great, honest post and fair play to your manager for a similarly honest assessment of the game. There is so much snobbery talked about style of play but at this stage of the season it’s all about getting over the line.
    Yes, Wycombe broke up the play whenever they could but people forget that the referee will just add more time on if he feels that there’s been deliberate time wasting.
    We were victims of failing to run the clock down effectively when we made the play off final a couple of seasons ago so the lesson has been learned.
    Good luck to Lincoln, a proper club with great support.

• @bigred87 said:
    I shan't bite for it is a beautiful day.....

As a genuine matter of interest, were you at the game and if so did anyone around you agree with your sentiments re time wasting? Just curious.

• @glasshalffull , Al, there's a small number of clear troll punters on here, you must recognise that by now....

• I'm not a troll @Malone by sharing my opinion, you jumping on me is viewed as trolling as you don't agree with me I'm wrong in your eyes.......I don't like time wasting I'd like to shake Scott Brown by the head sometimes, you on the other hand you don't seem bothered by it, I don't agree with you but I won't start insulting you about your views/opinions................

Yes I was there and some agreed and some didn't....I guess the guys that did are mk trolls.......remember people this is a forum for sharing your opinion Jesus Christ

• I don't think you're anything to do with MK, but like "Trevor" you only ever pop up with negatives

• @bigred87 I thought we agreed to keep God and his immediate family out of it.

• @bigred87 said:
    I'm not a troll Malone by sharing my opinion, you jumping on me is viewed as trolling as you don't agree with me I'm wrong in your eyes.......I don't like time wasting I'd like to shake Scott Brown by the head sometimes, you on the other hand you don't seem bothered by it, I don't agree with you but I won't start insulting you about your views/opinions................

Yes I was there and some agreed and some didn't....I guess the guys that did are mk trolls.......remember people this is a forum for sharing your opinion Jesus Christ

Fair enough, you’re entitled to your opinion but I think it’s very harsh to pick one perceived negative about our performance and ignore the many positives.
    My own philosophy is summed up In the words of the terrace chant: ‘We’re on our way.,,how we get there I don’t know, how we get there I don’t care...’.

• @Wendoverman you've brought a big smile to my face

• We all rely on @Wendoverman to keep smiles on our faces. That and the football. Hoping that we won’t have to rely too much of his shafts of wit and wisdom over the next couple of weeks though.

On the subject of time wasting @bigred87 I do agree with you. It is embarrassing and I’d love to see us a little more confident of our abilities to actually play football.

Your immediate post-match comment was I thought a little unnecessary and did look like classic trolling.

Yes we had spent a lot of the game in classic time-management mode, but at the same time we had negated a strong, powerful, physical team with a few key players out injured and gained a potentially valuable point. In doing so we fought and battled really well and pretty much controlled the last 30 minutes with much the better of the chances.

I left the ground with a smile on my face and proud of my team’s effort. To call any part of that performance “pathetic” is... well pathetic in my opinion. Yes, cringe at it. Yes, wish we hadn’t been quite so enthusiastic at the dark arts, but why not be a bit more understanding and gracious about it, like Cowley and some of their fans.

• Yes, my knowledge of religion, football and tactics is guaranteed to keep everyone amused.
    I also shout 'Get on with it for Christ's sake...' far too often as I see a referee considering a stupid yellow card. I suspect it's best not to post during (GA is clueless - oh we've won!) or immediately after (Oh that's us relegated...) a game. Allowing dust to settle and tempers to cool is a good thing.

• @bigred87 said:
    Wendoverman you've brought a big smile to my face

That comment has endeared me to you and I feel slightly ashamed of my recent mickey take. Wendoverman is wenderful and brings many a smile.

• Dagger, dagger, dagger, dagger...........(at least I think that's what we used to say when talking about the RAF).