Skip to content

Match day thread: Lincoln

BSEBSE
edited April 2018 in Football

Comments

• Good luck to everyone trying to concentrate on anything else today. At least i only have to wait until 245!

• massive game isn't it?

• Almost season defining.

• Uh oh.

• Tonight's game will be live on BBC3CR on ALL of their frequencies. It will also be online via iFollow as normal. This evening, we will be joined by Luke Ashamed.

Safe journey to those heading up to the game. COYB!

• Nice bit of auto-incorrecting there !!

Hopefully Luke will be a lucky omen, having covered the 3-2 midweek win over Luton which I wasn't able to get to.

• Good luck tonight, three points please! COYB!!!!!!

• Everything crossed. Good luck to all of those travelling, please bring back three points.

• in the end of season video after the 91/92 season when we lost our on goal difference (sorry for bringing it up) Martin O'Neill is talking about an away trip to Macclesfield towards the end of the season where he just had a feeling on the way up that if we could just not get beaten, then we'd be alright

I have a similar feeling about this evening.

• A point would do very nicely.

It's one of those games where you almost don't want to dwell on how magnificent a win would be in case you jinx it.

• @eric_plant I have a similar feeling. It does have echoes of that night. There is a bit of a difference for me. Back then we did feel invincible. Today I feel that we’ll do well not to lose

• Is Luke O’Nien Ashamed @bluntphil ?

• It's exciting/ frightening that every game is important and has potential to have an impact now...although it would be nicer if we were top on 80+ points with games in hand.

• @micra Luke O’Nien is shameless.

• edited April 2018

Hope the wind dies down a bit. It's blowing a gale right now. Hope it doesn't spoil the match. @micra do you have a forecast for us?

• Fao @DevC nice as Exeter is, Lincoln is better imho. Oozing history

• FYI I'm wearing my lucky blue socks.

• Oldest team ever?

Looks strong though.

• I'm feeling a Comanche vibe

• How fortunate we are to be in Division Four and name a team like that!

• @LeedsBlue said:
    Hope the wind dies down a bit. It's blowing a gale right now. Hope it doesn't spoil the match. micra do you have a forecast for us?

I imagine it has decreased a little by now. Pleasantly mild (15 degrees), breezy, cloudy but dry.
    Good luck and safe journey home.

• Might be an omen - it was proper windy that day back in 1999.

• I'm feeling a bit more confident after seeing the starting XI,hopefully Gape and O'Nien will have recovered from illness for Saturday.

• @bookertease @eric_plant We may have seemed invincible back then but I wish we’d had the 4 points cushion we have now!

• Very tight by the sounds......

• Bayo injured. Williams on.

• Time to find out what Plan B is

• Exeter one up.

• Exeter winning, Beast injured. So far not the idea evening