Skip to content

Chesterfield tickets - why so few?

2»

Comments

• would be a shame. I agree. they have always struck me as a decent club.

seems financial difficulties account for their fall, probably not helped by the Hungary affair PR disaster. Hope if they do fall, they are back before too long. Tough old league the Conference though.

• Seems to me that the away crowd for this one could fluctuate a lot depending on results between now and then. If we go into the Chesterfield knowing we clinch promotion with a win, for example, I could see us taking something like 1500. I think our away support (and home crowds, in fact) have improved quite a bit since three years ago. I’ve not checked my facts here of course, but it seems that way. Win to guarantee promotion is quite different to Port Vale, where it was win to maybe go up.

• it is and it isn't. Was always likely that day that a win would send us up

And that's how it turned out

• The Port Vale game came only 4 days after the win at Kennilworth Rd, meant that a win could see us promoted at Vale Park.
    Incidentally 200 more fans made the trip to the bedfordshire hole for a midweek game than went up to Port Vale.

• We took over 1100 to Notts county, we could go up at chesterfield same sort of distance I think 1880 will sell out if it boils down to we can get promoted that day......

• I don't

• But hey you never know!

• Apart from Wembley and the cup semis, anyone know what our biggest away following was. and the least come to that in our league days not counting the ldv?

west brom in the cup up there?

• we were a non League club then

• indeed, biggest ever, lowest as a league club

• How many did we take to Selhurst? 4500?

• NOTE: opinion, not fact However...

Ignoring the cups (5,000 at Selhurst Park, 4,000 at WHL), and some huge crowds back in the day for Amateur Cup games - at a guess, Lincoln away in 1999 is the biggest away league following, I would say (not sure the official figure, but it's always been talked of as being around 3,000).

Possibly the 58 at Tranmere for Sanchez's last game in charge the smallest league away following.

• Fulham in the autoglass trophy has got to be up there

• Chelsea 6000

• Cup semis not allowed, m3g, otherwise the amateur cup semi at Brentford would be up there I would have thought.

Selhurst 5000
    WBA 4500
    Tottenham 4000
    Lincoln 3000

Possibly Fulham in auto glass

Any more?

• Charlton and Leicester away in cup quarter finals

• Fulham away in the 3rd round replay

• Selhurst was 4500

Pretty sure we took nearly 3k to Reading once

2400 at QPR as well for that 4-3 classic

• @eric_plant the quarter final at Filbert St was severely restricted due to being such a small Prem ground. I think we only had around 2,500 tickets, IIRC

• Well Dev so would the FAC semi against Liverpool.

• @DevC said:
    Cup semis not allowed, m3g, otherwise the amateur cup semi at Brentford would be up there I would have thought.

Selhurst 5000
    WBA 4500
    Tottenham 4000
    Lincoln 3000

Possibly Fulham in auto glass

Any more?

4500 at Villa

• Of course M3G which is why I disallowed cup semis at the start along with trips to Wembley. We all know they are the highest.

some good turnouts along the way. Personally I agree with Eric that chesterfield is unlikely to get close to 2000.

• I've got to disagree with the naysayers. If we took in excess of 1k to County, I can see us taking an absolute bare minimum of 1800 if there's any chance of us getting promoted at Chesterfield.

• Surely we've lowered that 58 in the autowotsittrade cup in one of the Exeter/Plymouth type ties before?

• I thought @DevC had exempted those matches. Dev's game, Dev's rules.

• Around 2,700 at Reading, Orange Day. A couple of crowds over 2,000 at the Manor Ground back in the day. Around 2,000 at Northampton Cricket Ground 93/94.

• We took 30 something to Shrewsbury in the auto glass one year. Jermaine’s first goal for us IIRC.