Skip to content

The Opposition View - Yeovil Town

2»

Comments

• When we played Exeter at home earlier in the season, it was the 'big game' for us, against the league leaders (28 pts from 12 games, 1/4 of the season gone). So they do have a right to feel confident.

They've had a mid-season where they've been less dominant, but recent form indicates that they will be favourites for each of the last four games.

But these are not just 'four games'. They are the last four games of the season, and unless we collapse totally, each of them are 'must wins' for them. With that pressure, the task becomes a little tougher.

Another thing I noticed when checking my facts for this post - at the 'quarter way' point, it's remarkable how many teams are in almost the same position now, as they were then.
    Only Grimsby, Stevenage and Newport are in a significantly different position.

• I overheard some Exeter fans on my train home from Yeovil who not only seemed pretty confident of catching us, but were also revelling at the prospect of doing so. For some reason, many Exeter fans seem to have really taken against us over the last few seasons, probably going back to the Hayes-penalty game in 2015. I quite like Exeter as a club and hope we both go up, but I've found their fans to be particularly bitter and whiney.

Also, I don't know why some people think that securing promotion would make Accrington go at all easy on us on Saturday. Surely they will want to go and win the league instead of falling away like Doncaster did last season.

• Let's hope Kee getting Player of the Season is followed by John Coleman getting League Two Manager of the Year just before the game...a double whammy in the voodoo stakes.
    Kee sent off, Wycombe win 8-0. (and a half-time draw total of 767.50p is heading back to Wendover)

• @Wendoverman said:
    Let's hope Kee getting Player of the Season is followed by John Coleman getting League Two Manager of the Year just before the game...a double whammy in the voodoo stakes.
    Kee sent off, Wycombe win 8-0. (and a half-time draw total of 767.50p is heading back to Wendover)

The most likely of those, by the proverbial country mile, is the 50/50 win and you’ll be delighted to know that it will be well over £800.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    micra did you mean that RITM can be rudyard work sometimes...?

Or just that he bakes exceedingly good cakes?

A bit of both, I think, but I vaguely remember some poem about keeping your head when all around you are losing their hats.
    @Chris may of course lose his tomorrow if my hunch about Yves proves accurate.
    Time for the nightcap, I think.

• IF WDH keeps his head while all around are losing theirs, he'll be my hero, that's for sure.

I don't envy the task ahead of him, but then again, surely he came into the profession for these kind of challenges.

Come on Will - be a man, my son!

• Excellent stuff @LeedsBlue. Sent me scurrying back to the pome (sic).