Skip to content

Match day thread: Yeovil

Comments

• edited April 2018

Not quite sure where I've suggested that @DevC?
    He may've gone about questioning GA in the wrong way, I didn't specify that.

• Just your implication, Adam.

• For someone who both tends towards the rational and who receives a disproportionate amount of unreasonable and personal abuse, your posts surprise me somewhat, @DevC .

• I think if you cannot come back from an almost season long injury and not completely dominate games you might as well give up.

• May I ask which, HC.

I have reread and not sure what you are getting at?

• edited April 2018

I may have misinterpreted, @DevC, but I read your comments to @clifty04, as edgy. Not like you to reference bad language.

• I do struggle a bit with Adam, it is fair to say. Those who shout drunken racist abuse at a man I have great regard for have a negative against them in my book. When they have prior form for also being involved when a (black) player is abused in the street, that doubles up. I am prepared as always with human beings to give them a second chance to prove themselves as decent mature adults but that takes time. he's not there yet for me.

His post about PCH struck me as highly loaded against our manager. I strongly suspect that young Adam and his mates are just itching to resume their campaign of abuse against the manager as soon as we get a bad run of results (which will inevitably come at some stage). Perhaps I misinterpreted.

• Dev's views on rehabilitation are shambolically inconsistent

• by the way Dev, Adam was not the culprit in either of the incidents you mentioned in your post

And "campaign of abuse" is laughably hyperbolic, even by Gasroom standards. It's a pleasure to be a part of this club at the moment where so much genuine, mutual affection exists between fans, manager and players. Maybe you need to go to more than a game a season to really feel it

Stop being silly, and if you dislike Wycombe fans as much as it seems you do, there are other ways to spend your day

• So GA is definitely staying unless of course Dev’s bad run of results are imminent.

• Thanks for the feedback Eric. I think I'll file it in the usual personal abuse box.

• edited April 2018

It wasn't loaded against our manager at all @DevC.
    I'm passing on what I've heard as to why we've seen so little of Paris Cowan-Hall recently. And come up with a possible reason as to why, which would make sense. If I'd been playing as well as him I'd feel aggrieved with a sudden lack of game time, apart from being brought on in the 91st minute.
    Obviously, as I said, this is all speculation.
    And whoever GA puts on the pitch these last 4 games I'll be right behind them in a bid to see us over the line.

• "personal abuse" is as silly as "campaign of abuse"

• I seem to have got away with my grammatical blunder above.

• Whatever Eric. Yawn.

Adam, it is possible I may have misinterpreted you.

Would you agree with me that one of GA major strengths appears to be the way he treats his players as grown ups and achieves high standards of behaviour and performance by consent as a result.

if so would you agree with me that if there has been a bust-up involving PCH, the evidence would suggest that it is at least as likely and arguably far more likely that primary responsibility for that bust-up lies more with the player than the manager.

• unusually petulant from you Dev. You've got a busy week's trolling ahead. Don't get tired so early

• Ah out comes the new definition of trolling - not agreeing with the poster and his personal abuse. So so predictable, Eric, you are becoming a caricature of yourself.

• bit better

• May I suggest that you two gentlemen either pick up the phone and have a good old chinwag in private or make use of Direct Messaging or the old-fashioned text facility?

• Unless of course you’ve something to say that might be of interest to the rest of us!

• @micra said:
    May I suggest that you two gentlemen either pick up the phone and have a good old chinwag in private or make use of Direct Messaging or the old-fashioned text facility?

I was hoping for some pre-match pugilism, preferably on the pitch.

• So to sum up the last page or two

@DevC hates @clifty04 for things he has had no involvement in but forgotten the things he has done that might lead to a similar reaction.

PCH has been left out for unknown reasons but everyone seems to think they know why. despite not really knowing why.

Oh and we beat a major bogey side of ours at the weekend to stay well in the promotion mix.

• I don't hate anyone, Mr Middle. If Adam was not present and involved in abusing either Pierre and Ainsworth, I have done him an injustice and I should apologise. perhaps he could confirm.

I don't know why PCH has been left out but have to say body language at weekend was not encouraging.

• Has PCH ever had 'encouraging' body language? I've always thought it was a weakness of his and for me it's been the same forever and doesn't really change whether he is playing well or not. I just think people of seeing things to fill in the gaps.

• edited April 2018

To be clear about my own perspective:

I didn't ascribe hate or anything resembling it to @DevC but I thought his posts about Adam uncommonly personal.

My own recollection is that Adam was said to have used the "gypo" epithet in some kind of online posting (not here) around the time of the Port Vale game (not to be confused with George Stokes's frenzied, almost certainly drunken and certainly disturbing, rant at the Port Vale game, which I witnessed). If the former happened, it's forgotten now by me on the assumption it was a young man's aberration.

@eric_plant seems to have some kind of vendetta against Dev and I find his kneejerk rudeness to Dev's every utterance regrettable and out of line with the broadly fair-minded spirit of this 'site.

• Is there anyone on here who will admit to wanting a gasroom where you have to register?

• Which might be a good time to move on to enjoying the fact that automatic promotion may be achieved this week.

• I'm pretty OK with things as they are, @peterparrotface. I prefer things to be self-policing and think that is possible here - we're a reasonably civil board who tend to be able to agree to disagree.

Agree, @DevC. That's my final word on the subject.

• @HCblue did you post on the old gasroom out of interest?

• It's all assumptions, but if we don't fill the bench and PCH is fit, and GA having done it before with Pierre, it's fairly reasonable assumption that he's been left out for some sort of bust up/ misdemeanor