Skip to content

Crawley Pitch Inspection - GAME OFF

Comments

• Laughing a lot at @Username 's insistence that because the roads of fine a piece of grass will be.

No idea whether it will be on or off but Crawley has been more in the cold weather warning in recent days than Wycombe. I'm just grateful the inspection is happening at 2.30 today rather than 2.30 tomorrow.

Thought a page load of comments on this thread might actually have told me what was happening. Turns out it's just another in the long recent line of troll baiting.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    The forecast is pretty good for tomorrow and it starts to 'warm' tonight to enable the snow to melt.
    Game on me thinks

Richie says no chance, so that's it.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Laughing a lot at Username 's insistence that because the roads of fine a piece of grass will be.

No idea whether it will be on or off but Crawley has been more in the cold weather warning in recent days than Wycombe. I'm just grateful the inspection is happening at 2.30 today rather than 2.30 tomorrow.

Thought a page load of comments on this thread might actually have told me what was happening. Turns out it's just another in the long recent line of troll baiting.

You being one of the trolls?

Of course the roads are just as important as the pitch. They both need to be safe for the game to go ahead.

• According to the metoffice there is a 50%-60% chance of snow at Crawley anytime between 17:00 and 22:00 today. With temperature staying at or just above 0°C until late mid morning.
    Not sure exactly that a pitch inspection can confirm the game will be definitely on tomorrow but may declare the game definitely off.

• it will be OFF or they wouldn't be asking for an inspection.

• also if we play and lose then we will have played 2 games more than other teams as the league 2 program is decimated.

• 7 games in L2 already off so I'm not too hopeful as it takes increased temperature a long time to get into the ground and thaw.

• I we play and win, how many more games will we have played?

• We should have done an On or Off prediction like for attendance and score:-)

• GAME OFF

• I have updated the thread title to reflect the postponement

• Richie is king of the gasroom

• There's only one Richie...Richie...!
    There's only one Richie...Richie...!

Did I really just sing that? Sigh........

• Congrats Richie, you got one.

• Given that it’s not a Cup game, if we play and draw, how many more games will we have played?

• @rmjlondon said:
    the pitch is currently under 9cm of snow and is frozen solid, what do you think the outcome will be ..... the referee is Graham Horwood but he won't be inspecting it as he is based in Bedfordshire. Tim Robinson will be inspecting the pitch.

Graham Kane did the inspection so Richie isn't exactly 100%!

• Does anyone have an inkling of when it is likely to be rescheduled? I assume you've got some inside knowledge Richie.

• Correction (unable to edit): as it wasn’t a Cup game, how many more games would we have played if it had been a draw.
    Only Richie and my very good friend @LX1 need reply.

• half I think @micra

• You cannot argue with an SAS operative who has braved 9cms of snow to get under the covers. I predict when the snow thaws and the temperature rises no more games will be postponed.

• Richie is my hero and should be knighted!

• @username i can only presume you have been in a bunker all day.
    Why would it be called off indeed. Maximum lolz

• Until 3 when it started snowing again the main roads were fine.

We're going to have a lot of Saturday/ Tuesday matches now, any idea when they'll announce the new date?

• glad its off u sad twats, crawley pitch is now covered in snow.

• And there we go. On the haribos again.

• Judging by the frequency of dickie bird's posts today, it must be a snow day at school.

• Only two Tuesday games isnt it? Not excessive in 2 1/2 months

• Haven't looked at the fixture list, did we not have any scheduled in already before Lincoln and Crawley were added?

• Starburst.....uncut!!!!!