Skip to content

Player Contracts

Can someone point me in the right direction to see who is currently out of contract at the end of the season?

Comments

• I believe am right in saying (from COTN)

2018: Brown, Jombati, Jacobsen, Saunders, bean ,Bloomfield, southwell, WDH, bayo, Muller, Tyson, CMS
    2019: Gape, El Abd Kashket, Cowan hall, Harriman, O'nien
    2020: Stewart, Freeman (?)

Have I missed anyone apart from the mystery young GK?

• Correct @DevC - Minus Southwell who has already left...

• @DevC said:
    I believe am right in saying (from COTN)

2018: Brown, Jombati, Jacobsen, Saunders, bean ,Bloomfield, southwell, WDH, bayo, Muller, Tyson, CMS
    2019: Gape, El Abd Kashket, Cowan hall, Harriman, O'nien
    2020: Stewart, Freeman (?)

Have I missed anyone apart from the mystery young GK?

http://www.17management.com/henry-newcombe.html

• good point Mr Clift - I had wrongly remembered that he left notionally on loan. Daft old gy*o that I am..........

• bit of a worry quite how many key players are out of contract this summer isn't it?

• I can see Bean, Bloomfield, WDH, Muller, Saunders, Jombati, and Brown all leaving this Summer if we get promoted. Most of them probably will even if we don't go up.

• If Saunders can prove his fitness I think he'll stay.

Other than that I agree unless we keep Bloomfield as a player/ coach

• I think the loyalty Ainsworth has shown in recent seasons will be shown again and most of those out of contract will be given a chance to sign up again.
    Not totally sure I agree that is the right thing to do but I thought much the same last summer and it's not going too bad.

• No player can prove his fitness beyond (or in some cases even in the build up to) the next match. Sam Saunders fitness record over the past few years made his signing quite a gamble and the ongoing problems this season make it very unlikely, I would think, that he will be offered a new contract.

• I've given up on predicting whether Matt Bloomfield will get a new contract or not, reckon I've been wrong about it on at least his last three

• There's two entirely different conversations to be had here isn't there? Who will be extended if we go up, and who will be extended if we don't go up.

I'd want to see almost everyone stay if we failed to secure promotion. WDH, Muller can leave.

Conversely, if we did go on to play in League One, I'd only want to see Jacobson, Bayo, and possibly Saunders and Bean to stay on.

If we can reward Bloomfield with some kind of coaching role I think it would be the right thing to do.

• Never too early to start the speculation. Until richie clears it all up at least.

• @OxfordBlue absolutely staggering that you wouldn't want to keep CMS and Tyson

How well would they have to play for you to want them to stay?

• Our first eleven would be comfortable in League One, I think.

• I've said it before I really feel that we should nail down CMS sooner rather than later. A player more than good enough for L1.
    Bayo will stay if Bayo wants to stay, no doubts about his fitness. JJ will get a contract and I suspect Bloomfield will as well. Bean and Saunders have interests elsewhere and I suspect will both love to see this season as a celebratory swan song to their careers.

• CMS is different classs

Dave Carroll good

• Sorry Eric, I misread and thought they were on the 2019 expiry line. Of course we should keep them!

• thank goodness for that!

• Think we must keep Bayo, CMS and Tyson they have been a joy to watch. Id also keep Jacobson, Saunders and Sido as he can play anywhere in the back 4 a good squad player. The rest I think its time to say goodbye would be sad to see Blooms and Bean leave but dont think they are good enough if we do go up anyway. I think we need a better keeper aswell Brown has had some decent games but we need a more comanding type who will dominate the area. WDH and Muller i have never been massive fans of.

• edited February 2018

That's one heck of an out of contract list! Quite dangerous in a way, as we could find half our team disappears.

Put simply

Either division
    Bean and Saunders retire
    WDH/Muller - release
    Jombati - love him, but unfortunately see him going too . He hasn't made right back his own even with Harriman out. Injuries have kicked in too.

League 2 - keep all the rest

League 1 - Bloomfield the only decision, player/coach?

If we keep the 3 old boys up front, then we need to be confident Kashket can support them. If he can't we'd need to look for extra up front.

• I don't think it's a big decision at all on the 3 strikers. I imagine that Gaz would be desperate to keep all 3 of them

• Having a large number of out of contract players may not necessarily be a bad thing. If Gareth moves on in the event of us getting promoted, it would mean any replacement manager would have more flexibility in moulding a squad to his requirements.

• IMO, the definite League 1 quality players in our squad are:

Bayo
    Tyson
    CMS
    Kashket (when fit)
    Gape
    O'Nien
    Stewart
    Jacobson

The rest of the squad are good, but I can't see them in a survivable League 1 team. I love Harriman, but I think some League 1 wingers would expose him like Campbell-Rice does for Barnet every game. Similarly, whilst PCH is in fantastic form at the moment, his inconsistency (and time with Millwall) suggest that he probably won't be as effective in the division above. I can definitely see Bloomfield kept on in a coaching role though.

• @Wendoverman said:
    WanderingDays El-Abd?

Not sure. He's certainly been much better than I expected (and thought he would be after his first few games) and is a very solid League 2 player, but there's surely a reason why Shrewsbury let go of him after scraping survival last season? He'll be two years older than when the Shrews had him too. He'd possibly be a good squad player next year if we go up.

• Campbell Rice does every game for Barnet ? They let him go cos he is shite @WanderingDays

• peak richie

• edited February 2018

@rmjlondon said:
    Campbell Rice does every game for Barnet ? They let him go cos he is shite WanderingDays

He's skinned Harriman every time I've seen the two play each other. And that is no easy task, because Harriman is a very good player. Campbell-Ryce is clearly very inconsistent, but League One players will have that higher quality.

• Would be disappointed to see Sido leave, always room for characters in the club.

• He did nothing against us for Carlisle