Skip to content

will we sell out at Cheltenham?

2»

Comments

• Ta @NewburyWanderer , going up early, so every chance i'll go for the security of this option versus the luck of random street parking, as can't remember if we benefitted from it being an evening kick off last year and will be restricted in the day time.

• Mornington Crescent?

• @rmjlondon said:
    Ledbury

Blimey! That's some journey to follow the Blues!

• @HCblue I’m sorry, you haven’t a clue.

• Just a minute...

• Wait, Richie is Mrs Trellis?

• Be careful from what i remember everybody was in the SAS but arent allowed to talk about it - except loudly in the pub.

• Richie's career in 'retail' may just be a cover.

• edited February 2018

So someone crashed into my car this morning and I can't now make it to the game. If anyone is going without a ticket and wants one (or two, actually, since there's one adult and one child) you can pm me here and I'll give you my name and address so you can collect them from the ground there.

But best get in touch in the next twenty minutes or so as I'll be offline after that...

• edited February 2018

Bad news @HCblue , hopefully not too much hassle or expense to resolve!
    Crash and run job?

• edited February 2018

No. Perfectly nice lady and very apologetic but she just pulled out right into me as I drove past her junction. It only wasn't a head-on collision because I did my best to pull round her onto the other side of the road. Didn't quite make it so took a hefty impact on my rear nearside. Spun me round through 180 degrees. Hers was a big van-like job and mine a Hyundai i10. Thus, little damage to hers but mine pretty sure to be a write-off. Everyone is insured appropriately but, if its a write-off, I fear I'm not going to get enough money for a like-for-like replacement of what was a very modest but totally reliable car.

And I missed the football.

• Annoying all round, but could have been a lot worse!

• Indeed. Thanks for asking after me.

• @HCblue bad luck matey. Been there meself. Irritation and financial disaster aside you live to fight another day.

• @HCblue said:
    No. Perfectly nice lady and very apologetic but she just pulled out right into me as I drove past her junction. It only wasn't a head-on collision because I did my best to pull round her onto the other side of the road. Didn't quite make it so took a hefty impact on my rear nearside. Spun me round through 180 degrees. Hers was a big van-like job and mine a Hyundai i10. Thus, little damage to hers but mine pretty sure to be a write-off. Everyone is insured appropriately but, if its a write-off, I fear I'm not going to get enough money for a like-for-like replacement of what was a very modest but totally reliable car.

And I missed the football.

You can always sue her personally for any additional losses.

• @mooneyman said:
    You can always sue her personally for any additional losses.

Such as emotional distress at missing another away win?

• You can't put a price on that.

Seriously, there's no way one would sue someone for the balance between what a like-for-like replacement would cost and what the insurers cough up, is there? But, assuming that I do get what the I could sell the car for rather than what it would cost to replace, does anyone have any experience of any way to remedy the situation other than what is suggested above.

• @HCblue said:
    You can't put a price on that.

Seriously, there's no way one would sue someone for the balance between what a like-for-like replacement would cost and what the insurers cough up, is there? But, assuming that I do get what the I could sell the car for rather than what it would cost to replace, does anyone have any experience of any way to remedy the situation other than what is suggested above.

Call me, I might be able to help. Spent 30 years in the car business?

• Ah i remember "GAP" insurance.
    Some absolute sleazeball car garage manager tried to sell me a stack of insurance, and then admitted most was garbage, but the GAP insurance was a must.