Skip to content

will we sell out at Cheltenham?

Due to work commitments I may not be able to arrive until near kickoff, do you think we will sell out and leave me having to go in the home end?

Comments

• Do you have a reason not to buy online from the club 'site right now?

• Advanced tickets being sold out is a pretty good reason!

• Ah, I see now. Hadn't looked at the website today!

• Surely we won't sell the 500 available on the day?
    That'd be a terrific effort if we did.

• I'm tempted to say we will easily sell out given the perforomances of late, which is why I am asking you guys

• I don't know about easily but I concede our recent run makes this an unusual one. I'm not aware we've taken more than 700 away to any game this season, if that helps...

• 700 or more to Swindon, Forest Green, Solihull, Luton, I think.

• We took 871 there for an evening game last season while in similar form.

Previously they have opened up a could of blocks in the stand to the right of the away end for us. Swindon took over 1400 there this season so presumably they were given that option.

• Think the away end @ Cheltenham holds a 1000. I would say, you've got a better than even chance that you will get in. Just can't see 500+ maybes turning into will dos.

• Anyone know if its cash turnstile?

• Don't think so. I seem to remember going round to a shop/window in the club car park last time I paid cash.

• Hopefully you are all right, but given it is kids holidays, I was thinking we would easy go over the 1100, given 450 sold already, if you see a car flying at high speed, that is me

• Really can't see us having 500 on the day sales, but will go early in case!

Any tips for parking? Last year, i got a lift and we ended up in some random side street, but anything firmer as a plan than that would be good.

Cash only tomorrow, i recall another year where a pal was almost screwed as he only had a card, and me not enough extra cash. Had to wander a fair distance to find a cash point if i recall correctly!

• Did does state cash only for tickets tomorrow

• Not sure if you're asking or telling there @wycombelad !

If you're telling, then yes, you're right.
    If you're asking, then erm, yes the website said that.

• Sorry old hands, should say it does state cash only

• cash only and 650 tickets available.

• @HCblue said:
    I don't know about easily but I concede our recent run makes this an unusual one. I'm not aware we've taken more than 700 away to any game this season, if that helps...

The Swindon attendance has been guessed at 700, but they didn't actually release figures. I talked to Swindon fans on the way back from that game who thought we'd taken over 1000. Cheltenham is roughly equal in distance to Swindon, and we're in better form now than then, so I think there is a chance of tomorrow selling out.

• 260 mile round trip?

• I've called them at our ticket office and cheltenham have assured that if we sell the 650 out we will get extra, i presume they've got a side section they can put us in........

• no about 80 mile round trip.

• Ah hah. If it's a 260-mile round trip to Wycombe and an 80-mile round trip to Cheltenham then you, Richie, live in Hereford. Am I right or am I right?

• @aloysius said:
    Ah hah. If it's a 260-mile round trip to Wycombe and an 80-mile round trip to Cheltenham then you, Richie, live in Hereford. Am I right or am I right?

You've just got to love this crazy forum, haven't you? Certainly made me smile this one.

• @bigred87 said:
    I've called them at our ticket office and cheltenham have assured that if we sell the 650 out we will get extra, i presume they've got a side section they can put us in........

Thank you...good info to ensure lack of panic on the way over...although obviously better to be in main section.

• 35 year old former shop worker Luton fan posting on Wycombe forum who lives in Hereford? It makes no sense.

• Quite a good game this, a bit like 'Predict the Attendance and Score' or Spot the Ball. Perhaps Richie could assist with posts saying 'you're cold' or 'warmer'!

• edited February 2018

Don't get the Luton reference, must have missed that banter.

But 35 and 130miles away feels strangely specific, so either has to be true, or is as far off the truth as possible, meaning maybe 16 and living in Booker?

• @Wendoverman said:
    35 year old former shop worker Luton fan posting on Wycombe forum who lives in Hereford? It makes no sense.

Do Richie's utterings on here make much sense most of the time?

• @Malone said:
    Really can't see us having 500 on the day sales, but will go early in case!

Any tips for parking? Last year, i got a lift and we ended up in some random side street, but anything firmer as a plan than that would be good.

Cash only tomorrow, i recall another year where a pal was almost screwed as he only had a card, and me not enough extra cash. Had to wander a fair distance to find a cash point if i recall correctly!

@Malone and anyone else, re parking. Go up the road (Whaddon Road) with the ground on your left, then just after the ground entrance, turn left (Wymans Road). About 100-200 yards/metres along, there's a little entrance between the houses on your left. That leads to a reasonably sized car park, next to the social club. You can normally get out fairly quickly after the match. Can't remember how much it usually costs though.