Skip to content

Any news of Scott Kashket?

Following his withdrawal at Exeter during the warm-up(?) and not on the team sheet last night, I wondered if there is any further news about Scott? I really hope that it's all preventative and that we'll see him back soon.

Comments

• I really can't help but think/guess that effectively, his professional career is over. I sincerely hope not, but if his condition either keeps breaking down or some of it is between his ears, the future doesn't look bright?

• Absolutely gutting for him and the fans. He was unplayable most games. I hope he can get through it but it doesn't look good.

• Surprised by how many people seem to jump at a chance to write off Scott Kashket.
    He was always likely to pick up a secondary injury after so much time out. He'll be back when he's needed but at the moment we're not short of goals or strikers.

• GA in his news conference says that Kashket has picked up a slight thigh strain and his absence is not a recurrence of his pelvic problem.

• With a deal until the end of next season there's no huge rush with him. If he were out of contract this summer it could have been very dicey for him.

It's just a monumental shame that a guy is basically losing so much time in what is a short career.

• @ForeverBlue said:
    GA in his news conference says that Kashket has picked up a slight thigh strain and his absence is not a recurrence of his pelvic problem.

Thanks for the information @ForeverBlue, I also agree with @Right_in_the_Middle and a little extra time is needed to help him along.

• Agree no need to rush him back at the moment. If we can give him the time - which we can with our aging frontline banging them in - all the better for a decent recovery.

• It’s common for players who’ve had long term injuries to suffer more minor problems when they return to full time training and competitive games so it’s not helpful to speculate that his career is in jeapordy.

• Or even in jeopardy!

• Let’s hope it’s in football.

• @micra said:
    Or even in jeopardy!

And believe it or not I was quite good at spelling when I was at school, albeit when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

• @EwanHoosaami just the sort of positivity Scotty needs that, I think you will find we nursed Matty Bloomfield back from a career ending groin problem, lets trust the clubs medical team to get Scotty back.

• Physically, I’m sure they will but I do wonder if he has lost confidence slightly and is fearful that the longstanding problem might recur.

• I know he's permanently injured, but I still think he's the most talented player in our squad, even with all of our incredible strikers. It really is a massive shame.

• Certainly the most talented in the box.

• @rmjlondon said:
    EwanHoosaami just the sort of positivity Scotty needs that, I think you will find we nursed Matty Bloomfield back from a career ending groin problem, lets trust the clubs medical team to get Scotty back.

If you read my post properly, it was about my fears for his future, nothing else. Certainly wasn't writing him off. For a start, I'm not medically qualified, secondly I am not privy to his particular physical problem and the other clue was my wording of "I sincerely not".
    I would also trust the clubs medical team far more than your "insider knowledge" of the machinations of this football club. Half term over soon I trust?

• Im 35 u clown, get a fucking grip u write shit expect to get battered over it.

• I think Matt Bloomfield and Scott Kashket are very different characters. Nice to hear some positivity from @rmjlondon but I’m not sure about the validity of the comparison.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Im 35 u clown, get a fucking grip u write shit expect to get battered over it.

I think that post speaks volumes about you, well done. The erudite response is fantastic. Now don't forget to attend English lessons when you return to school.

• That exchange posted whilst I was trying to be nice to Richie. Oh dearie me.

• yes they are different but Scott has alot more reason to succeed than Matty, the talent gap is massive.

• Psychologically different perhaps.

• @rmjlondon said:
    yes they are different but Scott has alot more reason to succeed than Matty, the talent gap is massive.

Bloomfield has played well over 400 games for us so I would suggest he has some ability. Kashket has had one good season in his career, so much too early to say he is massively more talented.

I would suggest you take your medication earlier today as you were writing some sensible posts yesterday.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Im 35 u clown, get a fucking grip u write shit expect to get battered over it.

Bullshit.

• I'm pretty sure Bloomfield represented England at one age group. He's not some chump who has blagged a career.

• @rmjlondon Interesting point you made the other day though. Bloomfield may well end up as the next manager, I think it's an obvious route the club would go down.

• Most interesting thing on here is @rmjlondon being 35.

• You're reading that as age?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    I really can't help but think/guess that effectively, his professional career is over. I sincerely hope not, but if his condition either keeps breaking down or some of it is between his ears, the future doesn't look bright?

To be honest I initially read this as a less than positive view of Scotty's future. I'll accept that re-reading it with the subsequent comments that this was a fear based on absolutely no informed knowledge whatsoever does make it a reasonable, classic-Gasroom, post.