Skip to content

Glenn Tamplin Billericay boss

Comments

• 260 miles is a long commute to work in the club shop.

• Come on now, Luton to Wycombe is only 60 miles return.

• @aloysius said:
    260 miles is a long commute to work in the club shop.

Due to his critical importance to us, the club provide him with a chaffeur driven car.

• Strange distance to make up. 130miles. Very specific.

Why not go 100 or 150.

Most distance away "in the know" fan of all time?

• @glasshalffull your post made me smile. Have you never come across @rmjlondon before?

• No wonder Richie is so miserable. 260 mile round trip every game is a lot of driving. His mum must be knackered. And that's a lot of pop, crisps and Nintendo in the back seat. He must be constantly wired. #sugarrush

• edited February 2018

@rmjlondon said:
    this thread needs my input, its absolute shite. close it

That might be your first ever good post Richie.

• Also, Swindon is not 130 miles from Adams Park.

• my ip address might come up as swindon but Ive no idea why

• @glasshalffull said:
    I think the access problem at Wycombe is a convenient excuse for apathy.

I do think you are missing the point. Whilst I accept that generally for people who have it in their blood, half an hour sat in a car waiting to move after a game is nothing, for the more casual supporter - the ones we all need to attract, that can influence their decision whether or not to attend. When the football is attractive enough (i.e. this season) it should be a price worth paying, but when the football is dire (i.e. last season) it probably isn't.

It is a little disappointing that the improved entertainment on offer hasn't (yet at least) resulted in a significant increase in attendances, but if it does keep up when the weather does improve hopefully we will benefit in spite of the access problems (as we did in the MO'N era).

I do take your point though that this problem applies to a lot more clubs than just Wycombe.

• If something is a problem, but applies to a lot of others, its not an excuse not to deal with it.

It's easy to compare one's self to the worst in something, and shrug it off.

• I think I recall that at one time, they experimented with the bus departing from the bottom of the road, which ensured much more of a speedy getaway.
    However, that wasn't ideal for those who may not be able to walk/not want to, with kids/elderly etc.

That also worked better when the bus went straight to the park and ride, and was able to take a right at the roundabout at the end of Hillbottom, rather than have to follow the majority of the traffic the main route.

Otherwise, if you're having to wait ages for the bus to depart once the whole crowd has left, and then battle, with seemingly no priority versus the flood of cars coming out, and then make the long trawl down the road to town, it really does become more hassle.

The worst was v Portsmouth i think it was, where they were so overwelcomed by the numbers (not realising that Portsmouth are a huge club, whose supporters had wrongly assumed that the bus would be a polished operation) , that they decided the first bus wouldn't bother doing the park n ride at all. Leaving people with the option of being left in town, a 30-40min walk from the park n ride, or the prospect of waiting up to an hour for the bus to return!
    Think that was a heavy rain day too! Glorious!

• @OxfordBlue said:
    If something is a problem, but applies to a lot of others, its not an excuse not to deal with it.

It's easy to compare one's self to the worst in something, and shrug it off.

I don’t think anyone is shrugging it off. If you have any ideas for a solution to the problem I would respectfully suggest that you contact the club. Remember, WWFC did not want Hillbottom Road in the first place and the local authorities have done little to help alleviate the problems since.

• Is this still going?

Dreadful scenes

• Feel free to refrain from opening the thread and/or commenting then Eric? There's a good chap.

• Got stuck in traffic @eric_plant could be here another hour.

• What was this thread about again?

• It was about a benevolent millionaire superfan driving 260 miles from Billericay to build a new road for the matchday bus @Malone Keep up.

• @Wendoverman said:
    It was about a benevolent millionaire superfan driving 260 miles from Billericay to build a new road for the matchday bus Malone Keep up.

If you use the North Circular it is only 68 miles to Biilericay. Your judgement of distances is as bad as Richie's.

• Richie has clearly gone quiet as he's making the 130 mile trip as we speak.

• Some people seem to be arguing that because we don’t literally have the least accessible stadium in the football league, access to AP is no issue. While it may not Ben the worst, it is far, far from the best!

• Last night was right on cue for this debate wasn't it!

Those poor saps thinking they could just try and turn up and park at the ground!
    Wonder how many just abandoned it, went home, and won't come back.

• Our final few home games should be treated as charm offensives to try and tempt the inevitable Billy Bandwagoners into becoming Robbie Regulars (originally put Roger Regulars, but realised @Wendoverman would be all over that one). Problems with things like parking and quality of food/service in the kiosks need to be analysed and have plans put in place. This is a golden opportunity to claw a few locals back from Soccer Saturday - Lets not wait until our final home game to start pulling out the stops for newcomers.

• @Jonny_King Moi? Stooping to crude crassness. I like to think I am one of the classier posters on here. Get a Life!

• Is it possible for this not to end in tears for Billericay?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45396174

• Glen Tamplin not been seen for weeks at New Lodge. fire sale of players, no longer funding the club which has a 22k a week player budget.
    No real suprise the way this is going to end.

• edited December 2018

some have walked, not a fire sale and Jake Robinson should be playing league football anyway so that's hardly a surprise to see him go to Maidstone.

• You walk if your not getting paid, wasnt there some people on this site wishing we had a Tamplin type figure at the helm ?

• They are going full time and have a squad of 30 players thats why they have left !!!