Skip to content

Glenn Tamplin Billericay boss

Comments

• People too apathetic to sit in a traffic jam for an hour are the worst. We shouldn't even be calling them "people".

• @Wendoverman said:
    glasshalffull I hate those apathetic fans. They are almost NOT fans.

Remember when we were getting gates of 6-7,000 in the O’Neill era when parking and other facilities weren’t as good at Adams Park as they are now? Didn’t hear so many complaints in those days.

• My preferred way of watching Wycombe would be just me, no other supporters allowed

Everyone else is a rubbish supporter

• I'm not even good enough to support Wycombe quite frankly. Behind closed doors from now on please.

• I’d launch a car towards the asteroid belt piloted by a manaquin wearing a blues shirt with “Wycombe District Council end the Hillbottom road after match traffic chaos” printed on both doors

• Only True Fans™ who attack players at supermarkets should be allowed in the ground.

• edited February 2018

@glasshalffull Ahhh...jumpers for goalposts. Communal singing. I wasn't here then...nor was the interweb. I suspect had the worldwiderichmayeslondon been around then there might have been a small cabal who found parking difficult even in those heady times but had only writing a stiff letter to the Board or the local paper as an outlet for their righteous anger.

• edited February 2018

There should be some sort of apathy test before allowing admittance to the ground. Can someone else come up with the questions please.

• Not sure it matters what the questions are. Just some questions.

• I would imagine wearing a half and half scarf would be the only identity you needed.

Not sure how this tangent has worked but I don't think the congestion around Adams Park after a match is much different to most other grounds. They should be able to gain control of the road to stop Mum's and speculative cabbies driving up it at 5pm but I'm not sure another exit would be worth the cost.

• @Right_in_the_Middle even if some multi-millionaire fan persuaded the council to do it?
    (You're off my list of recipients from my £65 million haul now Righty)

• @glasshalffull said:
    Remember when we were getting gates of 6-7,000 in the O’Neill era when parking and other facilities weren’t as good at Adams Park as they are now? Didn’t hear so many complaints in those days.

IIRC there was a lot more easily available street parking then. All yellow lines now. Got a lot worse when we took the pests in as they had big gates being top of the Premiership. I guess constant demands wound the locals up and the council responded with restrictions. I do sympathize with them to be fair.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    I would imagine wearing a half and half scarf would be the only identity you needed.

Not sure how this tangent has worked but I don't think the congestion around Adams Park after a match is much different to most other grounds. They should be able to gain control of the road to stop Mum's and speculative cabbies driving up it at 5pm but I'm not sure another exit would be worth the cost.

Exactly what I said. If people want to use parking and access as excuses for not going then they are hardly true fans despite the sarcasm displayed by other posters. Go to Wycombe Swan or the Empire cinema and try getting out of their car parks quickly. Go to the theatre in the west end and experience the chaos at the underground stations. If you want to go to an event attended by lots of people then you have to put up with a certain amount of hassle. If you’re not prepared to do that then you don’t really want to go in the first place, ie apathy.

• Very true @glasshalffull, as I said earlier, it's beyond me how/why they do it.

• @tom_doust said:
    Getting away from Adams Park is no worse than places like Northampton and wherever that place with the strange 3 sided stadium is.

Nah, doubt there is a worst ground to get away from quickly, I live and work in London have been getting to a lot of grounds home and away recently but don't do night games at AP anymore. If you are in walking distance or your journey is half an hour once you clear the roundabout there's maybe less of an issue but even then you're taking an hour and half maybe for what is 40 mins travel

I assume then that you didn’t go to Port Vale, Newport, Cambridge, Swindon, Coventry or Luton. All grounds that take a long time to exit. I’m not trying to belittle the problems of the Adams Park location, just pointing out that it’s hardly unique.

• @glasshalffull , it does depend on how close to the ground you park doesn't it.

Can you even park that close to Luton's ground? Half a mile walk, and you get away very quickly from there, as per Wycombe

• There are at least 8 football league grounds that I have got back home indoors from quicker than It usually takes to get back to Wycombe station after a game.

On the positive side it does encourage people to spend money in the Vere afterwards

• @Malone said:
    glasshalffull , it does depend on how close to the ground you park doesn't it.

Can you even park that close to Luton's ground? Half a mile walk, and you get away very quickly from there, as per Wycombe

I agree but as you say it’s not a lot different from parking away from Adams Park.

• @bookertease said:
    There are at least 8 football league grounds that I have got back home indoors from quicker than It usually takes to get back to Wycombe station after a game.

On the positive side it does encourage people to spend money in the Vere afterwards

And I’ve named a few grounds where it takes just as long. Some are better than Wycombe, some are worse but it doesn’t alter the point that if you’re not really bothered about making the effort then you’re apathetic.
    That’s exactly what the word means.

• Dullest thread in history

• I bow to your greater intellect but would humbly suggest that there’s nothing dull about challenging the myth that Wycombe have lost supporters due to the location of a stadium that’s been there for the past 28 years.

• @glasshalffull said:
    I bow to your greater intellect but would humbly suggest that there’s nothing dull about challenging the myth that Wycombe have lost supporters due to the location of a stadium that’s been there for the past 28 years.

And people are still queued to get out of the car park from that first game.......

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    And people are still queued to get out of the car park from that first game.......

:)

• this thread needs my input, its absolute shite. close it

• Richie has spoken, we must all pay homage and be thankful for his words of wisdom.

• shut up, its going about glenn tamplin who nobody gives a flying fuck about and then onto bullshit about how quick u can get away from adams park, I drive 260 mile round trip for a home game every game and won't get home tommorow until 1am and people moan about 20 mins to get out of the carpark.

• That's a twist

• News about Richie's location, and pertinent to the discussion. Hell of a commute, mate.

260 mile round trip puts you the other side of Birmingham/ Bristol. Are you Dev's alter ego? That makes more sense than I thought it would when I started typing it...

• @rmjlondon said:
    shut up, its going about glenn tamplin who nobody gives a flying fuck about and then onto bullshit about how quick u can get away from adams park, I drive 260 mile round trip for a home game every game and won't get home tommorow until 1am and people moan about 20 mins to get out of the carpark.

Look, I agree with you when it comes to people moaning about the car park but why do you always need to take such an aggressive tone?