Skip to content

The Opposition View - Carlisle United

Comments

• edited February 2018

Bayo's impact on the game was immense on Saturday. Quite apart from the general tying up of their defence's focus, each of our goals stemmed from his great play - his tenacity and deft touch for the first, key ball-winning involvement in the second, midfield scrapping to steal the ball and allow CMS to set up the third, and winning the free kick for the fourth.

• edited February 2018

@LeedsBlue said:
    Bayo's impact on the game was immense on Saturday. Quite apart from the general tying up of their defence's focus, each of our goals stemmed from his great play - his tenacity and deft touch for the first, key ball-winning involvement in the second, midfield scrapping to steal the ball and allow CMS to set up the third, and winning the free kick for the fourth.

Spot on and not to mention the fact that he took charge of the team mentally when they were flagging and regenerated the 'never give up' attitude. Thank you Bayo.

• Legend.

• What a lovely bit of work that Carlisle report is. Hats off to the man.

• Glad Bayo's influence in the last 2 goals didn't go without praise. Played a key role in both.
    I thought Paris was terrific too, massive workrate, the highlight of which was sprinting back to his own right back position and putting in a sliding tackle.
    The last place he'd really want to be, but great team ethic.

• @Malone said:
    Glad Bayo's influence in the last 2 goals didn't go without praise. Played a key role in both.
    I thought Paris was terrific too, massive workrate, the highlight of which was sprinting back to his own right back position and putting in a sliding tackle.
    The last place he'd really want to be, but great team ethic.

Very, very true @Malone and indeed thanks and well done to PCH too.

• Paris has struck a rich vein of form.

• @micra said:
    Paris has struck a rich vein of form.

Great to have him back to his best, looked surly and disinterested at Solihull in the cup, Gaz appeared to give him a real talking to when substituted. Seems to have come through as first pick when it looked like Nick Freeman might take his place. Great to have options / competition for places.

• I think having Tyson and CMS looking lively and adding to Bayo's goals along with freeman snapping at his heels might have perked PCH up a bit.

• I would pick CMS every time. He really is a class act at this level. When he tires then bring on PCH or Nick Freeman.

• indeed @Blue_since_1990 I would start with a Bayo, Tyson, CMS trio every time. I can only assume GA is trying to avoid injuries to all his major players. Having said that Tyson has been taking quite a battering since his return from injury but still looks so strong and dangerous.

• I think taking of Paris as some kind of fresh legs from the bench option massively undervalues him, he's a quality player at this level.
    CMS and Tyson are too of course, but we're able to manage them quite as well, due to niggles, colds, and options from the bench.

I'm surprised we almost never sub Bayo off though, even when winning. The big man has done amazingly to play so many 90s all season.

With Kashket having been fit for a good month or so, that'll give even more options.

• At some point we're going to have to work out a plan B that doesn't include Bayo, right? But I totally understand why he plays every minute. He kept us going single-handedly on Saturday.

• I think the Freeman contract extension, and ultimately the Kashket return have really perked up PCH.
    Three or four weeks ago I'd have agreed with the CMS, Bayo & Tyson trio. However, PCH has to play for me now. Harsh on CMS probably who's been excellent, and would also be harsh if Tyson was to be left out. But whether it's been in the front 3, at the tip of a midfield diamond, or as in the last 10 minutes on Saturday at wing-back. Paris Cowan-Hall has been outstanding recently.

• The good thing is we've got four quality strikers and a lot of games to go so any combo will do. Add in goals from the midfield and our new goal machine and things look bright!

• I kind of go with @clifty04 on this. I was v. happy with the old man front line and thought Freeman was playing well. But Paris has been great these past few weeks and gets the selection nod from me until he runs out of form or, more likely to happen first, picks up a knock.

• Some shuffling around to maintain match fitness, tactics and resting/protecting all of our key players is surely to be expected, though don't ask me how Bayo fits into that as he plays everything all the time:-)

• And he has been playing with an injury hasn't He? His ambling back to the centre after a goal must be worth a couple of minutes every Game!

• Agree with the concencus that PCH is in top form right now and with so many games coming up in a short period of time I’m sure that everyone will be getting plenty of game time. It’s an exciting thought that we still have Stuart, Jombati, Harriman and a fully match fit Kashket to look forward to.

• The interview PCH gave after the game in the Caldedonian Suite was delightful. He’s clearly (like all the players I have heard) seem to be loving this squad and as always Bayo is nominated catalyst.

• The team spirit is just unbelievable at the moment isn't it?

I've never wanted a manager and set of players to achieve something so much. Gareth Ainsworth and this squad that he has slowly built over recent years absolutely deserve promotion. I know it boils down to points on the board after 46 games but I so hope they can do it. If we do, there will be tears of pride, as well as joy in my eyes.

Regardless of what happens from here on in it's been such an exciting season already full of memories. You just know there is still plenty more to come emotionally though!

• Its incredible that we have so many quality attackers. Akinfenwa, Tyson, CMS, PCH, Kashket, and Freeman. Last season, Kashket was always the first name I wanted to hear on any teamsheet because he seemed to spark every game into life. Super pacy, fantastic finishing, awesome footwork, and always harrying the opposition defence. It seems crazy that he's only a bench player now. I would still play Kashket based on last season's form (ideally Bayo, Kashket, and Tyson), but I doubt many others would.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Bayo is miles better for us than he ever was for Wimbledon, he thrives on being the main man and playing all the time, not just being used as a Plan B like he was by Ardley.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I can’t see Bayo gaining a lot of weight when he stops playing as his life style is centred around keeping himself fit.

• Speaking of Bayo not missing another minute this season, his recent Snapchat story (for anybody with such a thing) is a major cause for concern....

• Care to elaborate for those that cba with snapchat?

• There's a picture of an X-Ray room door with an angry face emoji.

• @clifty04 said:
    Speaking of Bayo not missing another minute this season, his recent Snapchat story (for anybody with such a thing) is a major cause for concern....

@TheDancingYak said:
    Care to elaborate for those that cba with snapchat?

Yes please if you can @clifty04.