Skip to content

Match day thread: Carlisle

Comments

• I also left me seat in beechdean to be in the corner for the last few minutes. Equaliser was a dream. Last goal miraculous. How 09 got a red and the goalie did not is beyond me. He took Tyson out. How jj missed that pen is also beyond me. The bloke on the terrace who shouted Bloomfield 14 years of shit on 92 minutes I hope you swallowed your tongue you dick! What a result and I'm glad I did not leave. I assume the trolls had to delete their posts for tonight. Game of two halves shocking ref three points saved at the death. Football? Bruddy hell!

• @Jonny_King hope your flatpack is as successful as the wanderer another good read mate.

• I won't repeat the other comments except to say I was grinning all the way back on the M25.

I was wondering at one stage if Bayo should come off as he was unable to close down or chase their back line which meant the ball kept coming back. But his involvement in the lead up to the last 2 goals shows his total value to the team and why GA does what he does so well - and all credit to the boss for changing formation and gambling towards the end.

• @Wendoverman I can’t believe what that guy said about Blooms I’d need to speak to him

• edited February 2018

This is Tafari Moore's reaction to the winner, quite extraordinary from a guy who's only been with us three week!

• Credit to GA and his backroom team plus the older lads for creating such a great atmosphere at the club.

• Having seen the highlights I concede the yellow card for the goalie but jj missing the penalty must still be haunting him!

• @Jonny_King Thanks mate. I have no memory of what I said when it happened. All I can say is that Beany is a great bloke who I have a lot of time for and I may have let emotions get the better of me.

I've held longstanding feelings that when the goal came, it would be important. We will talk of this game for many years I hope and it was a real privilege to play a very small part in conveying the story of it.

Big game on Saturday now. Infact, they are all big now and we wouldn't want it any other way.

COYB!

• Hi @bluntphil, any chance of some sort of a link to the commentary? (Spoke to you briefly after the match in Honors Lounge on the Mark/Trevor table;-) ). Glad your course went well BTW.

• @valleywanderers I'll pop them up tomorrow.

• @bluntphil - I love the highlight videos with your commentary anyway, but this week I genuinely can't wait to hear it. Without wishing to be too agricultural, I have completely f++++d my voice today. Just... unbelievable. As a fan you live for moments like that.

• edited February 2018

@MindlessDrugHoover They are the work of the club and a volunteer cameraman called Dan who does a great job. Plus, there is the excellent Keith Cummings up in Scotland who records all the commentaries and clips up the action and emails them down straight after the final whistle.

• Just like on the pitch - a real team effort.

• LX1LX1
    edited February 2018

@floyd great video and great shout. Imagine what is going through Moore and McGinley's heads. I like the look in McGinley's eyes as he walks onto the pitch. 'Steely determination' I think is the phrase. His look of wonder after every dramatic win is, well wonderful. I imagine him thinking 'f**king hell this is what it's like to be part of a professional football team.'

• Here we are...

Commentary highlights PLUS a chat with the man himself:

https://philcatchpole.com/2018/02/04/wycombe-wanderers-4-3-carlisle-united/

Don't stop believing. COYB!

• Great spot, @drcongo!

Thanks so much for putting that together, @bluntphil. I was tingling just listening to the intro music. I was in bits by the end reliving the moment!

• Listened to the Bean interview again. Together with the post @floyd posted above, they just highlight what a really tight squad GA has put together and the Hugh importance of Bayo to the squad. Great to hear Bean say that their aim is to chase down Luton!

• @drcongo said:

One of the best things about this, is Bean turning off and running almost as soon as it's left his boot. They say you just know.

• @drcongo, thanks for posting that great Paul Muzzy video, It's always good to hear what fans of other clubs think about their day at Adams Park, and he and his sons really enjoyed it. High praise for the cheeseburger, and the price of the food and drink in general, and of course the spectacular views from the top of Frank Adams!

He did such a good PR job the club should invite him and his sons back as guests for a game. I'm going to the Watford v Chelsea game on Monday, I'll look out for him.

• Yes thank you drcongo.
    On my sixth watch already. COYB!

• Thank you @bluntphil - I will treasure you telling, as it was: "The Time Beany Scored". You have given me a memory of it happening in real quick time to store alongside my own memory of it, which for some glorious reason plays back to me in slow motion.
    Your commentary manages to capture the essential of the football, what it meant to us all and what it all meant to you, instantly. Wonderful. You have a talent! Thank you again.
    Here is looking forward to the next game.

Thank you @drcongo for finding a posting the Paul Muzzy clip so quickly. That was a fine thing to see this morning.

• Last burger I had on the terrace, about six weeks ago, was really bad. Very glad the Youtube poster got a good one. Made his video the best possible publicity!

• Why do people leave before the end of games? What is so important in their lives that getting home 20 minutes early makes such a difference?

Once or twice in your football-supporting life, something like yesterday will happen. and you missed it.

• @Wendoverman Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed it. Haven't been able to gace going back to the flatpack yet, which will forever more serve as a reminder of the day I missed yesterday's game.

• Sorry, that's a dreadful last sentence. Sunday morning brain.

• @bluntphil said:
    Here we are...

Commentary highlights PLUS a chat with the man himself:

https://philcatchpole.com/2018/02/04/wycombe-wanderers-4-3-carlisle-united/

Don't stop believing. COYB!

What a great bloke Beano is, or should that be Beany as the team seem to call him.

• edited February 2018

Saw on Beano's twitter that he ran the length of the pitch to see his parents only to find that they had left early, must of been embarrassing to miss that!

• That videos lovely, great shot of Bayo celebrating after the game.