Skip to content

Match day thread: Carlisle

Comments

• I'm in Seventh Heaven since that final goal went. What a great squad we have, it's never over till the final whistle. COYB's

• Well that escalated quickly. What a fantastic result and what memorable scenes.

Never understood why you'd leave before the end and surely our current squad have made this a stupid thing to try. No-one gave up on them today did they?

• Amazing game I ran the full gamit of emotions from confidently thinking we had it in the bag through shock and disbelief that we were going to lose, hope we might nick an equaliser to joy at the win.
    I’ve criticised Marcus Bean in the past and I admit that I was wrong ledgendary last second goal.

• No we bloody didn't

• Marcus Bean interview with John Taylor: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hRULH6NoS2lwyKnN2

• Two blokes in front of me got up and walked out when Carlisle scored their third. What a pair of plums. You sit through utter rubbish for those moments. Never leave early.

• If nothing else, I have learnt a valuable lesson,don't take young kids to football!! Missed the first two goals as I was taking them to toilet, as they were getting bored we left on 90 minutes to avoid the stamped at the final whistle. So Wycombe score 4 I see none!

• @WelwynWanderer said:
    If nothing else, I have learnt a valuable lesson,don't take young kids to football!! Missed the first two goals as I was taking them to toilet, as they were getting bored we left on 90 minutes to avoid the stamped at the final whistle. So Wycombe score 4 I see none!

Unbelievable! Yes leave them in sunny welwyn next time.

• Highlights are up: http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11235743/wycombe-4-3-carlisle

Epic Beany celebration. No clear evidence one way or the other with O9's handball. Referee didn't look all that sure either!

• @Steve_Peart Great interview - thanks for posting it.

• Was supposed to be working today. Cancelled late, probably could have made it up, but decided just to listen to Phil and put some furniture up instead. Whilst I'm obviously delighted at the result, I'm simultaneously devastated that I didn't go. Furniture has been left half assembled.

I missed the Leicester FA Cup game due to ill health and whilst I was thrilled when Roy nodded home, I'm sure the depression that I wasn't there to witness it slowed my recovery down by a good few weeks.

• Unbelievable scenes. A pitch invasion from the Family Stand, Bean running the length of the pitch, hugging strangers around us. That's what footballs about, the place erupted.

What a week and great to see the whole team buzzing at the end. That meant a lot and I think GA is building something special here.

• My internet always seems to break up at the key points on those clips, but from the one view it allowed me, it was way too fast and hard to see if it had even hit his hand, let alone whether he'd moved his hand to block it.

How the ref could give that with any certainty I don't know. You need to be sure ref!

• @Jonny_King said:
    Was supposed to be working today. Cancelled late, probably could have made it up, but decided just to listen to Phil and put some furniture up instead. Whilst I'm obviously delighted at the result, I'm simultaneously devastated that I didn't go. Furniture has been left half assembled.

I missed the Leicester FA Cup game due to ill health and whilst I was thrilled when Roy nodded home, I'm sure the depression that I wasn't there to witness it slowed my recovery down by a good few weeks.

On the plus side, I believe The Wanderer is still unbeaten on release days on your watch? It's amazing how hard the players play for the fanzine!

• After watching those highlights got to say the handball looks a farce his arm was in front of him hopefully the football league will see sense and overturn it Beano what a goal it gets better and better every time I watch it a contender for goal of the season surely was looking like being one of those terribly frustrating games with everything going against us and out of nowhere we equalised I was happy and relieved with that and then bean!! Pure magic reminds me of the Liverpool Newcastle 4-3 on the 90’s

• @shev You are correct sir.

Played:7 Won:6 Drawn: 1 Lost: 0 For: 17 Against: 7 Points: 19/21

Waiting for GA to thanks us in one of his post-match interviews. Any day now...

• You couldn't have written the script for that one could you? Beanie of all people to score the winner in the 96th, and what a great goal as well. For me, may well have taken the long-standing record of Greatest And Most Dramatic Wycombe Game Ever from the game at Selhurst Park.
    This week may also turn out to be a pivotal week in season come May. Let's hope so. With spirit like that, anything can happen.

• I was situated quite close in the family stand, shortly after the ball struck O'nein the referee gave nothing but turned his head towards the linesman clearly asking for a verdict.
    The linesman's body language was that he saw nothing untoward, and probaly why he didnt put his flag across his chest.
    Then i was amazed that a second or so later that the ref then decided to point to the spot.
    Either the linesman did communicate via the mic system, and didnt have the bottle to put the flag across his chest, or the Ref simply guessed.
    Which from a fans point of view is unforgivable.

• @StrongestTeam it looked one hell of a clearance, there was like a hush around, that people couldn't believe it hadn't gone in.
    Then seemingly ages until the decision, but on the footage it's quite quick from the ref, who looks sure.

Amazing game though. Had it all.
    Comfy lead. Completely game changing massive decision, and goal.
    A chance to still put the game away, with a guy who never misses pens, picking that moment of all times to miss one.

Then seemingly throwing the game away, with the third goal dreadful defending.

Relief all round with Paris' goal.
    Then sheer scenes with the least likely outfield player not only scoring, but from outside the box on the half volley!

• I can't impress upon you enough that you all NEED to listen to @bluntphil's commentary from when that goal went in. Legendary commentary, right up there with "Essandoooooooh!!!" and "You shouldn't celebrate in the press box sir".

• This tremendous video really captures the scenes at the final whistle, pure joy, I will never forget the roar at the final whistle, brings tears to my eyes -

• Would love to. If I'm not a subscriber to iFollow, is there anywhere I might find the commentary?...

• Young Dominic Gape will be in trouble with his mum if she sees this, the pottymouth.

• Not sure I can really find the words to do that justice. Not heard a roar like that at AP for a long while!

• @HCBlue There's a guy who usually makes a compilation of Phil's commentary of the goals and then puts it on Twitter. I'll keep an eye out for it and share it on here.

• @NewburyWanderer, for me Selhurst Park is still the greatest game I have ever been to, I can't really see it being surpassed. It had much more drama and the occasion was bigger. It wasn't a particularly good game today, first half had a rather subdued atmosphere, we were poor in the second half until those final minutes but the sight of Marcus Bean running down the family stand will long live in the memory. Moments like that make up for a hundred defeats.

• edited February 2018

Cheers, Jonny.

• I would love to hear that commentary. Fantastic post match video again.

• We'll do well to better those scenes of celebration even if we get promoted!

• @Steve_Peart said:
    NewburyWanderer, for me Selhurst Park is still the greatest game I have ever been to, I can't really see it being surpassed. It had much more drama and the occasion was bigger. It wasn't a particularly good game today, first half had a rather subdued atmosphere, we were poor in the second half until those final minutes but the sight of Marcus Bean running down the family stand will long live in the memory. Moments like that make up for a hundred defeats.

Steve, definitely agree with you re the first half, couldn't believe how quiet it was, and the players seemed sluggish for the first 20 minutes or so, as if Tuesday had taken everything out of them - but - then going from 2-0 up at half-time to the sending off, their penalty, our missed penalty, then Carlisle completely turning it round and us looking dead and buried, to the amazing events of stoppage time, with Beanie's first goal - that will take some beating.