Skip to content

Tonight's L2 results

Great to see Notts County succumb to a 95th minute penalty; wonder if they're going to crumble. And Newport dropped 2 points. A good night all round.

Comments

• And County had two sent off

• County have taken 1 point from their last 3 fixtures. I think the wheels are loose, if not off...mind you with a loanee called Virtue-Thick, is it a surprise?

We could do with Crawley continuing their good run on Saturday, against Accy.

• I still fancy them to upset Swansea on Sat (or even better, beat them after a replay). Then they'd be into all the nonsense that comes with getting to the 5th Rd - 'mind on the cup', fixture pile-up, blah blah. Doesn't affect all teams - Lincoln fed off it last year - but a good old wobble would open up 2 of the 3 automatics, when a month ago it looked like only one was up for grabs.

• don't forget @LeedsBlue , when Beano slams home a 90th minute winner next Tuesday it will signal the start of Luton's slide down the table

• @eric_plant said:
    don't forget LeedsBlue , when Beano slams home a 90th minute winner next Tuesday it will signal the start of Luton's slide down the table

If that happens, I will buy everyone on the Gasroom a pint - and you can hold me to that.

• To quote the Human League: "These are the things, these are the things, the things that dreams are made of"

• "Nathan Tyson, Paris, Bayo, Beano. Good times..."

• Exiles vs Shrips last night: Haysee & Thomo on respective benches, goalscorers at the Lane this time last year. Football can be a cruel game.

• There's nothing I want more in the world than for Beano to smash in a 40 yard strike against Stevenage in front of the Valley Terrace last day of the season. I'd do seriously deviant things for that.

• Having the manager they have Luton are always prone to a meltdown aren't they? He isn't the calmest of characters and their supporters turn quicker than our Facebook group after the team give away a corner.

• County have taken 8 points from their last 9 games in December and January - that is already a very dodgy run. We've taken 16 from 8 over the same period.

• Oh dear, you’ve gone and mentioned the F******k group, you’ll have the self appointed guardians of the Gasroom on your case

• glasswithatinybitin should really be your tag.

• @ RITM - that made me chuckle!

I so want it to happen (although i don't expect it). But given their free scoring first half of the season, and the beginnings of a significant gap being created at the top, a meltdown now would be spectacular to witness!

• @mooneyman said:
    And County had two sent off

Their keeper got sent off in injury time for kicking a Crawley player up the arse and a penalty given which was scored.

• @glasshalffull: Passing comparisons with other supporter groups: sure, why not.

Posts whose sole purpose is to bemoan the FB page for the umpteenth time: why?

• Did I bemoan the FB page in this post? I think you should read it again. I simply pointed out to another poster the danger of even mentioning FB as it is likely to provoke a reaction from people who think they have the right to control the subjects discussed on here.

• I must have missed the announcement this forum was all about you now @glasshalffull
    You don't need to fill up pages with protests about how wronged you are.

On the now secondary part of this thread I'd say the Notts Co goalie was in full melt down mode. What an amazing reaction and so costly too

• Put yer handbags away now girls and enjoy the league opening up for the mighty Wanderers to slide home in the auto spots!

• @Right_in_the_Middle I can't even really see what he was reacting to. What did the Crawley player actually do? Pinch his bum as he ran past?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    I must have missed the announcement this forum was all about you now glasshalffull
    You don't need to fill up pages with protests about how wronged you are.

On the now secondary part of this thread I'd say the Notts Co goalie was in full melt down mode. What an amazing reaction and so costly too

Not prone to exaggeration then?

• It is getting rather tedious @glasshalffull, your thin skin, regular ad hominem attacks on other users and snide remarks about this forum are in stark contrast to your towing of the People's Republic of Adams Park party line in all club related matters.

If you don't like it here, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

• @glasshalffull Looking back briefly at a cross section of the 185 posts you've made so far I would actually say I'm cutting you a bit of slack with 'pages'. There are a lot of posts about yourself. Take a look

• @OakwoodExile said:
    Right_in_the_Middle I can't even really see what he was reacting to. What did the Crawley player actually do? Pinch his bum as he ran past?

More likely squeezed his nuts!

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    glasshalffull Looking back briefly at a cross section of the 185 posts you've made so far I would actually say I'm cutting you a bit of slack with 'pages'. There are a lot of posts about yourself. Take a look

How sad that you should devote so much time to such a pointless pursuit. Still, if it makes you feel better and more important then who am I to criticise?

• Getting back on track, even if neither Luton nor Notts C. go into full meltdown, at least their recent poor form does open up the top 3 a little in a way that seemed unlikely at the start of January. I've not looked closely at upcoming fixtures beyond our but I'm guessing a fair few of those around us must be playing each other soon (there's enough of them) and now is the perfect time to have a 10 day break. Even getting two of El Abd, Jombati, Stewart, Saunders and WDH back in the next couple of weeks would be a huge boost.

In the meantime, talk of Luton blowing it made me re-watch this, which just never gets boring.

• If we can maintain our form against the lower clubs, and improve it even a little against those around us (starting on Tuesday, please!), we could do really well. Our wheels will come loose at some point, it's almost inevitable, and our season may be defined by how long that period lasts and how well and how quickly we get over it.

• @ MindlessDrugHooover The scenes from 1.50 onwards are absolutely priceless, especially when the camera returns to the 6-yard box after the Blackpool players have headed off in wild celebration.

By the way, if it's still tight by then, the final day could be very interesting - Lu'on are at Notts and Accrington are at Swindon.

• @drcongo said:
    It is getting rather tedious glasshalffull, your thin skin, regular ad hominem attacks on other users and snide remarks about this forum are in stark contrast to your towing of the People's Republic of Adams Park party line in all club related matters.

If you don't like it here, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Yawn.