Skip to content

Luton (A) attendance

Comments

• @LX1 said:
    I have a speed awareness course in Knutsford that day ending at around 1630. It's about 2.75 hours to Luton. I wonder what that Canadian singer would make of it?

You'll get to Luton in time but spend an hour trying to park...

• Speaking of which, anyone got advice on where to park?

• I'm sorry, but there really is a height thing going on with Luton. I'm 6' 3". You're, say, 5' 5". Someone mentioned Kingsmeadow. I'm fine with Kingsmeadow. while you have an excellent view of my back. You're fine with Luton, whereas I'm in acute discomfort. And if we're at close to capacity in the away end and I can't sit sideways, I've had it.

• @Uncle_T I’m pretty sure that game was on tv impacting on the away attendance

• @Midlander said:
    Uncle_T I’m pretty sure that game was on tv impacting on the away attendance

It was on Sky I think as I recall it being moved to a Weds as a result.

I too find it odd that we seem to struggle to shift away tickets against Luton. In my view it is the best away game of the season.

Generally speaking I think we are quite well supported away so it seems an odd one to me.

• @HCblue said:
    Speaking of which, anyone got advice on where to park?

There's a B&Q/Homebase about ten minutes walk away, where i parked last time.

• @HCblue said:
    Speaking of which, anyone got advice on where to park?

@bourne70’s your man for that...

• Whatever happened to @bourne70 ?

• Free transfer to the Facebook group.

• @LX1 said:
    I have a speed awareness course in Knutsford that day ending at around 1630. It's about 2.75 hours to Luton. I wonder what that Canadian singer would make of it?

Reckon you could do it in 2 hours if you put your foot down.

• Now that is genuinely good work @drcongo . LOL's are dished out to easily these days but even 24 hours in the making it was a fine post. Thanks

• 650 sold now

• My wife took a call today from the club asking if we had collected our tickets for Luton.There had been an error and they are not sure who has collected tickets and who hasn’t.it all sounded a little confusing so best check your tickets are going to be available for collection just to be in the safe side.

• That's interesting, @marlowchair. I got tickets for my two boys to collect from Luton tomorrow. Think I need to check that with the club?

• I would definitely call and check

• Can anyone from the Trust explain why we got a ticket allocation of 772 & not the statutory 1,040 (10% of ground capacity) that many visiting clubs get at Luton?

• We barely sold out the 772 tickets before the end of the working day yesterday. I think we were (correctly) posted a reduced allocation on the basis that it was unlikely we'd shift 1000+, and if we sold the lot we could have more.

• If we had been granted more tickets then I wonder where everyone would have been accommodated? Our section of the rickety old dump was dangerously full last night as it was.

• 772 allocation, yet 791 away fans. Hmmm...

• All stood in the aisles!

• Was quite funny Luton fans singing "is that all you take away", when we'd sold our entire allocation

• Cyclops, it may be a rickety old dump but the atmosphere is 2nd to none at our level. The Luton fans the tin roof the terraced housing all add to the atmosphere. I would rather go to Luton than any of the new lego bowls. It was never dangerously full.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Was quite funny Luton fans singing "is that all you take away", when we'd sold our entire allocation

Remember there a huge club that won the "dulux paint tester cup" not so long ago.......

• Dangerously full? What are you talking about?

• I've seen a fair few Wycombe fans who look dangerously full.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    I've seen a fair few Wycombe fans who look dangerously full.

POTD

• If something serious had happened and the away section needed evacuating fast... two narrow exits with steep staircases at the back, and a couple of narrow sets of steps up onto the pitch at the front. It took me almost ten minutes to get out of the place after the game was finished. Ten minutes would probably seem like quite a long time if there were a fire; and the stewards made no effort to keep the gangways clear. Yes, I'd say that was pretty (potentially) dangerous actually.

The atmosphere was great but I'm not all that sure that it really made up for the lack of basic facilities, like being able to sit down (in my seat). Before anyone says anything I know I'm an old git. Rant over. Apologies to anyone offended.