Skip to content

Luton (A) attendance

Only 300 tickets sold for far! You must buy in advance, surely we will sell out the initial 700 allocation vs the league leaders?

Comments

• Get in early so you don't get the seats below pitch level and make sure your knees are well protected from the cutting in from the seat in front.

And most importantly enjoy.

• I can't make it....I assume @rmjlondon will be writing the Vital match report. Headline 'Mighty Luton robbed by Late Goal and Poor Ref.'

• Really hope we take atleast 500, I no its a shithole but its a local derby top of the table clash the lads need our support.

• If only this forum had a ‘like’ option. I’d select it for posts like that @Wendoverman .

• edited January 2018

Funny one Luton, super quick trip, but dreadful partial view restrictions, ill advised seating on two tier flooring meaning horribly cramped, and if your crowd gets even moderately excited at a goal there will be people on the floor.

Surely it won't be a sit where your ticket is job at Luton? Never has been before, has it?

From experience there before, you either want back row or front row, nearly everywhere else is awkward if you're over 5ft 5.

• Admittedly the place is a complete hole but give me a ground with character like Kenilworth Road over a Shrewsbury, Colchester, Chesterfield flat pack any day!

• Colchester's new stadium is the absolute worst in football history eh?

Literally nothing good about it

• @eric_plant said:
    Colchester's new stadium is the absolute worst in football history eh?

Literally nothing good about it

Agreed, it always feels more like a reserve team fixture.

Envious of those who managed to tick Layer Road off

I imagine the vast majority of Col U fans would happily move back!

• takes an award-winningly bad ground to make a Wycombe fan nostalgic for Layer Rd!

but they've managed it

• No, sorry, Layer Road was a horrible dump, which makes Kingsmeadow seem palatial. I've been to Luton twice with Wycombe and never again - old school is one thing, completely impossible to sit comfortably or see half the pitch is another.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    No, sorry, Layer Road was a horrible dump, which makes Kingsmeadow seem palatial. I've been to Luton twice with Wycombe and never again - old school is one thing, completely impossible to sit comfortably or see half the pitch is another.

But isn't that what football should be about!?

It's not supposed to be comfortable and luxurious, after all you're sat outside in January, in Luton!

That's what that Premier League nonsense is for!

• I think it’s what it’s all about when you’re younger (and I’ve no idea how old @Right_in_the_Middle is) but there comes a time.........

• Much as I like character in a ground the sheer discomfort (I’m 6’1” and getting on) of the away end makes it an endurance test. Bit like being crammed onto the Northern line in the morning. It gets you there but you aren’t half glad when it’s over.

Credit to those of you who do make the trip.

• @bookertease said:
    Much as I like character in a ground the sheer discomfort (I’m 6’1” and getting on) of the away end makes it an endurance test. Bit like being crammed onto the Northern line in the morning. It gets you there but you aren’t half glad when it’s over.

Credit to those of you who do make the trip.

Well i'm 6'5 so I know all about the leg room issues at Luton, the only problem is that when I stand it's almost like another pillar has appeared for the poor folk behind!

Don't get me started on the Northern Line!!

• seating is unreserved so its sit where u like so no problems with being too close to the front.

• @Vincey I'm not asking for luxury, but I would like to be able to actually see the game I've paid a small fortune to get into and be able to walk afterwards rather than feel like I've been stuffed in a suitcase for the duration of a shorthaul flight. Kenilworth is by far the most unpleasant ground to sit as an away fan. I do like old school grounds as a rule - very fond memories of visits to Shrewsbury, Chesterfield etc over the years before they relocated to identikit Meccano arenas.

• less space at Brentford in the away seats than at Luton.

• And at Accrington for anyone who has ever tried one of the half dozen of so that are actually available there.

• @rmjlondon said:
    less space at Brentford in the away seats than at Luton.

Perhaps you least relevant post ever and that is saying something.

• Can I remind everyone that insulting comments about the state and capacity of Kenilworth Road might be offensive to Hatters fans using this forum.

• @rmjlondon said:
    less space at Brentford in the away seats than at Luton.

But enough pubs nearby to allow you to flow into them

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    No, sorry, Layer Road was a horrible dump, which makes Kingsmeadow seem palatial. I've been to Luton twice with Wycombe and never again - old school is one thing, completely impossible to sit comfortably or see half the pitch is another.

POTD likewise, last time I went there, (when John Akinde scored the goal that sealed their fate to the conference), I can say that I had pure empathy for a double amputee! Swore I would never go their again. Hasn't had anything spent on it since my Eric Morecambe was a regular attendee. I suspect that work commitments will hinder my attendance anyway.

• Without a doubt my favourite away ground, proper old school. I can’t believe how many of you would prefer an IKEA build.

• I think it's a great away trip too. Much better than your flat pack grounds we see now.

I'm sure we will get 500 there but real shame it doesn't look like selling out. Local derby against league leaders and with us pushing for automatic it's a huge game.

• I’d still be very surprised if we didn’t sell 500. It’s still a while off until KO anyway.

• According to the stats on http://www.chairboys.co.uk the last time Wycombe were away at Luton on a Tuesday evening - the match featuring Mawson's memorable goal - we took 555. I think it'll be within +/-10% of that this time.

• I'd normally avoid Kenilworth Road like the plague but this is a huge game. We really should be selling 700 tickets for a game like this.

People quite rightly say the seats are the most uncomfortable going but the away end wasn't even re-concreted to accommodate the seats. They were simply bolted on to the old terracing. In view of this, if you don't want to end up with indentations in your knees or severe cramp - simply do what the terracing was built for & stand up for the match!

• It surely wouldn’t take much imagination or money to unbolt and remove the seats from the away end, thus improving the experience immeasurable!

• @rmjlondon said:
    seating is unreserved so its sit where u like so no problems with being too close to the front.

It's fine for you sitting in the best seats in the home end!

• I have a speed awareness course in Knutsford that day ending at around 1630. It's about 2.75 hours to Luton. I wonder what that Canadian singer would make of it?