Skip to content

Match day thread: Chesterfield

2»

Comments

• @Malone said:
    Bearing in mind we may only have Eze for 3 more games i'd suggest talk of resting/dropping him is pretty ridiculous, and we should treasure him while we have him!

The FA Cup veto looks a pretty certain sign that we won't get an extension

I think you're right that we won't be keeping Eze, but the FA cup availability was decided at the beginning of the loan spell, so even if he was completely useless he wouldn't have been able to play

• Workmanlike performance settled with a moment of pure magic. I was right behind the boy Luke when he used the force...and I also gave him no chance. Chesterfield were a good side, but it was always going to be settled with a mistake or a touch of class. Tyson was awesome for someone returning from a serious injury, CMS and Bayo putting in a shift. As others have pointed out I thought El-Abd and Stewart were excellent, Sido attacking well, JJ just a bit off with set-piece delivery I thought. Despite Eze having a quiet game, he had a shot that he should have scored and looked tricky when he got on the ball. Too late to write him off yet. A league two game. We needed to win going into Christmas and we did...good show all round.

• As an aside, I can't remember a team of any level that gives me as much confidence they are either going to score or come close to scoring with every free kick close to the area. Between Sam and JJ, we have quite the set piece duo.

• Sam's nailing them at the moment, isn't he. And there's Sido too. And be surprised if Eze wasn't a whizz as well.

• I thought Eze was quiet, but he did look dangerous when he was on the ball and getting past players. I think opposition managers are making sure they close him down as quickly as possible, Still a class act at this level though. He'll be back!

• Unfinished business/development?