Skip to content

Yesterdays sending off debate

2»

Comments

• Whether he knew he was outside the box or not is irrelevant, isn't it? He should get a red if he denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity.

I didn't think he did at the time, and the video seems to confirm that. The only doubt is whether the ball was going in, and that's impossible to tell from any highlights that I've seen.

• JJ wasn't close enough, if your not in touching distance, then in my book you are not marking.

• I've been reading with interested comments posted on your site since Monday and thought I would give a Burton perspective on the incident(bound to be biased I hear you all say!) I, like most Brewers fans, had my heart in my mouth waiting for the refs decision at the time and was relived it was yellow. However having watched the incident back several times on the FLS I can't see how anybody could say Fred would have got to the ball before Mousinio if the ball had run on. It definitely wasn't going in from the goalies kick as I was behind the opposite goal and could see that bit clearly. The rules are denying a goal scoring opportunity and maybe if Fred had continued running instead of giving it up you would have a point. There is always an element of luck in these things I admit but the decision was 100% right in hindsight. Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season and hope to play you again next year.

• I met Deadman in the Flint Cottage after the Hartlepool game, he was drinking with the FA's referee assessor from that day's game. I wouldn't hold my breath for the FA to say anything about this decision.

• Only just seen the incident back. Never a red card in a million years. You have to have denied a CLEAR goalscoring opportunity. There was no clear opportunity. Correct decision.

• correct midlander

• I don't think there's any way Fred was getting to the ball. It's just a case of whether it was going in or not

• ......I do like it when he refs as it is the only time I can shout "referee you're a deadman" and not get ejected by the stewards.......