Skip to content

Gareth and QPR

2»

Comments

• Always scenarios like that though aren't there.
    Didn't Charlton let Ibe go before we brought him in?

• We let Ikechi Anya go!

• And Junior Morias.

• potential is the key @glasshalffull unless QPR think he can come back, go straight in and make an immediate difference, I reckon they'll be happy for him to be getting kicked up the arse experience in a team pushing for promotion. (That's us by the way..as you can tell by the recent lack of re-moaners...)

• Ah Anya. I don't think anyone picked him as a potential Premier league and international player, what a turnaround!

Morias just looked like he was in the wrong sport to me. He looked too keen to want to barge and wrestle people, rather than play football. However, he's going great guns (when fit!)

• I nipped on the QPR forum and they appear to be having a somewhat similar debate over whether he will return in January. For me, it could go either way, but unfortunately I am leaning towards them taking him back.

• Anya was injured at the time we let him go.

• If any Wycombe fan tells you that they were outraged at the time of Anya's release and that we definitely should have kept him, then they are telling porkie pies

• @eric_plant said:
    If any Wycombe fan tells you that they were outraged at the time of Anya's release and that we definitely should have kept him, then they are telling porkie pies

To be fair I don't think they are. It just proves that some young players develop later such as Anya. I remember when we had Bruno Andrade on loan from QPR. He looked a great prospect but now he is playing for Boreham Wood which demonstrates things can go the other way.

• The one who always springs to mind is Jason Roberts when he was at the club under MON. Sir Martin decided he would never make it, just proves how wrong you can be.

• Did MON say he'd never make it? Or just say his attitude was wrong?
    If it actually was MON, rather than a youth team boss at that age.

• Richard Hill's comments when Martin Rowlands left showed him up as something of a shitehawk

• My initial post was to also advise of the other concern - GA to QPR? I personally would not want to see him leave us, but I wouldn't want to see such a talented young Manager to be restricted in his career progress, what do others think?
    I didn't actually get to the QPR match on Monday (stuck at work), so I missed the drama of the come back etc. but I am sure a lot of QPR supporters left before the 2 equalizing goals in additional time anyway and no doubt I would have as well - I have not spoken to my client since postponing and I am not meeting with him now until the New Year so I cannot comment on how he / QPR supporters feel about the whole Holloway / Eze situation - all I can say is that if I was QPR supporter, I would want him back ASAP !!

• What makes people think that QPR, who fancy themselves as a bit of a showbiz fancy dan club would go for Gaz?

Neither profile or playing style seem to match surely?

• 'Worry about manager being poached when we're winning,
    we only worry about manager being poached when we're winning..'

come on everyone join in...

• Chant for Sunday then......;-)

• Hi Mr Malone, I can advise of at least 4 reasons as to why the QPR supporters want GA:
    1. One of the all time QPR fans favorite player.
    2. Was their interim Player / Manager a few years back and didn't do too badly if my memory serves me correctly.
    3. More experienced now and has earned his management wings.
    4. Has demonstrated that he can put a half decent team together on next to no budget, with a playing style much more pleasing this season. It would be interesting to see what he could do if money were to be available at his disposal.

Hopefully you are right though - QPR will either stick with Holloway or go for a more glamorous Manager !!

• You're making the presumption that 1) the supporters get a say
    2) the owners care about it!