Skip to content

Match day thread: Yeovil

Comments

• COYB! It's my birthday today (66 like the year we won the World Cup!!) so let's go! 3 points please. 2-1 my prediction.

• I've never seen us play any good against Yeovil. It's become a fixture that I almost dread as dour and a losing experience. As it's Christmas on the horizon, I have opted to work, earn a few £''s and hope that my absence will promote a winning performance. Fortunately I can still listen on IFollow, presuming it will work? Enjoy everyone. COYB''s!

• Likewise, I've learnt over the years that fixtures against Yeovil rarely bring any joy, even dating back to our non league days. If we can get a draw today, that would be a good result as far as I'm concerned.

• M3GM3G
    edited November 2017

I just f##king hate the green twats. Never forget Never forgive.

• Totally agree, ever since that first game at the Huish they seem to hold the upper hand. Apart from a couple of wins under MON we seem to struggle against 'pig f@*kers' as Che used to say.

• I’m with @M3G. An odious bunch of people and a horrible club. Far worse than Colchester in my opinion.

• MATCH DAY!

Wycombe Wanderers v Yeovil Town will be live on BBC3CR 630/1161MW and iFollow with myself & Ballroom Bill

⚽️

• Haven't picked up your copy of the new Wanderer fanzine yet? It's on sale again before today's game from the WWISC stand on Hillbottom Road, between the two Origin buildings, just before the Adams Park gates. Free to WWISC members or just £1.50 for non members.

• @M3G said:
    I just f##king hate the green twats. Never forget Never forgive.

Sorry, I'm a relative newbie. What's the history in this?

• Only been a season ticket holder for 23 years.

• http://www.chairboys.co.uk/history/index.htm

You can start here. Shouldn't be to hard to work out why a lot of us despise them.

• @EwanHoosaami it was out last isthmian league season. We somehow managed to lose 4 times to them that year - but still beat them comfortably to the title. The league game at ours saw the best goal line clearance by one of their players that I have ever seen.

But I must admit I don’t mind their fans too much

• @M3G said:
    http://www.chairboys.co.uk/history/index.htm

You can start here. Shouldn't be to hard to work out why a lot of us despise them.

It is hard if the page gives no information other than a brief history of how we were formed?

• M3GM3G
    edited November 2017

Read the 86/87 season. I did try and post a direct link but can only do it from that. Under Magic moments.

• Ezeeeeee 1-0.

• Was hoping for a clean sheet but not to be.

• Yeovil look poor but the goal before ht gives them a chance. We can’t afford to let this be another Cheltenham type game.

• @M3G, I see four losses from four games there but nothing that would translate into "never forget, never forgive" let alone the really nasty bit before that!

• @HCblue Don't you worry about it. My comments and feelings on the green scum will never change.

• I dare say. But you linked to something that you said would make it easy to understand why some people "despise" them and all I see is that we lost four times in a season. Am I missing something?

• Errrm yes! They were rivals, no different to Colchester a few season later, who another generation hate and despise, big two clubs. For trouble at games for thuggish players and everything that goes with a rivalry at that level.

• For now let’s revel in the first victory against them at AP in the league ever! COYB!!!!

• We won with a much reduced squad, we are fifth in the league and that is all that matters.

• Dreadful game but got the 3 points! Yeovil were very poor and on another day we could have put 4 or 5 past them.

• @Blue_since_1990 A highly depleted squad indeed. When you have to name a player that you can play no more than 15 minutes it puts the win into perspective

• Job done, ultimately. I had a premonition JJ was going to stick a free kick in for a third...then Sido took it instead and baby-kicked it straight into the keeper's grateful arms. Ah well.

• Disappointing attendance today 500 odd less than last week where have they gone ?

• @M3G said:
    Errrm yes! They were rivals, no different to Colchester a few season later, who another generation hate and despise, big two clubs. For trouble at games for thuggish players and everything that goes with a rivalry at that level.

I’m a little puzzled too - and I was there back then. Have vague recollections of the odd ‘thug’ in their team and the odd skirmish with fans in that season but nothing like the rivalry with Col U and that mega-twat McDonough.

On my few trips down there on the whole I’ve found their fans to be reasonably friendly

• Not sure why you should be puzzled. I have my reasons. But great win today at last!

• Southwell is a quandary he’s had an excellent game and really put a shift in, He supported other players and made himself useful I’d have even thought that he could have been the Motm but man he struggled to pounce on chances