Skip to content

Match day thread: Crawley

13»

Comments

• Reading Marginallista. Yes as great as it was Mawsons goal @ Luton was better!

• Keeping Eze beyond January would be a huge boost. As he is playing in the first team, scoring goals and close to home I'd like to think we will. But he could easily get into a league 1 side and probably feature in QPR's own team were he to return there in the new year.

On a separate note I thought Saturday's attendance was encouraging. Miserable weather, not an especially appealing fixture and no league wins in 5 suggested to me it might be a sparse crowd. But 4500 with only a modest away following is pretty decent.

• @Wendoverman Doubt he's forgotten but I hope they, wrongly, think he could do with a bit more seasoning with us before returning home.

Goodness, he's brilliant. As @clifty04 said earlier, I and everyone around me on the terrace were in awe of that goal. It's a shame the highlights started after the bit where he first beat a couple of guys before laying it off to be played in to Bayo. Utter artistry. On the highlights, it looked good but unexceptional. From behind the goal, it was stunning!

• @johnthehair I think Mawson's wonder goal comes closest, though the control and precision from Eze and Akinfenwa was even better on Saturday. Mawson's 'pass' to Hayes looked like Alfie putting the ball too far ahead of himself when dribbling but was rescued by a fantastic improvised flick by Hayes.
    Both great goals that will live long the memory of Blues fans.

• Eze's control of the ball when he receives it the first time and starts his run is sublime; wrong-footing his marker and sliding the ball past him in an instant, as though it is glued to his boot. I've lost count of how often I've watched that back now and haven't tired of it yet.

• “Eze is better than Eusébio........”

• @micra not sure the Brown(ie) is better than Yashin though

• We’ll have to fall back on Ma-Kalambay then. Bit of an unknown quantity and doesn’t scan too well!

• Night all.