Skip to content

Wycombe v Leatherhead/Billericay on Sunday

Comments

• Chris, stop facting people, it's very rude.

• Andy - I look forward to reading your usual guide to local non-league fixtures on Saturday 2 December in due course!

• literally no idea what Righty is talking about here

Having a season ticket does give you priority for all ticket games doesn't it?

• @Malone well in case you didn't know Billericay is a small town under 28,000 full of West Ham supporting folk. Nothing to do with City.

• Problems might arise if the club gave equal priority to holders of half-season tickets and the hypothetical “big match” was somewhere small enough for the away allocation to be below, say, 4000. At this point, the hoary old topic of “windows” no doubt raises its head.

But let’s get past Billericay first!

• And, no - I haven’t been in touch with Pru Leith.

• @micra, quite! Let's not overestimate this one in our dreaming of the next game!
    @M3G , fair does, but a hot battle of Wycombe v Billy is surely a better watch.

Well, if we even face them!

• We will, Malone, we will!

• It would be good to get to the position where the club can cock-up ticket allocations. This is a tradition almost as good as Oily Sailor's FA Cup poem and it would be nice to make it an annual event.

I must admit I'd be surprised at an attendance in excess of 3,500 for either Leatherhead or Billericay regardless of whether it was on a Saturday or Sunday.

It would be interesting to know these days how much it does affect attendances. I'm of the 'Saturday is football day' generation(s) but I wonder whether younger supporters these days have quite the same affinity for 3.00 Saturday afternoon, and whether for some people, the more relaxed and easy to get around (other than on trains) on Sundays is preferable.

• All this talk of Wycombe v Billericay at this point, is pretty disrespectful to Leatherhead IMHO.

• LX1LX1
    edited November 2017

Bit off topic, but in the interests of truth here are some Man City attendance figures against capacity

2016–17 55,097 54,019 98.0% 4th highest
    2015–16 55,097 54,041 98.1% 3rd highest
    2014–15 46,708 45,365 97.1% 4th highest
    2013–14 47,405 47,080 99.3% 4th highest
    2012–13 47,405 46,974 99.1% 4th highest
    2011–12 47,405 47,045 99.2% 4th highest

not many empty seats there

• @M3G said:
    Malone well in case you didn't know Billericay is a small town under 28,000 full of West Ham supporting folk. Nothing to do with City.

I didn’t know that. As the Man City match is on Sky at 4pm that might be a good incentive for West Ham supporting Billericayans to come to Adams Park. They could either celebrate in the Caledonian Suite or seek consolation whilst watching their truly beloved team pulling off the shock of the season at the Ethiad.

• Unless of course @ValleyWanderer Leatherhead pull off what, to be fair, would be much less of a shock. It seems to have been pretty even at Fetcham Grove. I am more than ready to eat a small slice of humble pie and intended no disrespect. I am in negotiations with Mrs Micra currently over viewing rights.

• I thought Mrs Micra wore the trousers In your household!

• So did Mrs Micra.

• If you don’t see comments from me on the match later, you’ll know she was right.

• Leatherhead it is then, I am happy with that, Chris Kelly will show up on the BBC.

• Just going on to the kitchen for a slice of humble pie. Worthy winners who’ll give us plenty to think about. Well done Leatherhead.

• We'll have to hope Stewart's on his game against Jack Midson.

• Indeed. He’s still got. In spades.

• Superb. Not a fan of the Billericay roadshow

• Thrilled it’s Leatherhead. Should be a great tie.

• All that psychobabble bullshit from the Billericay manager before the game, and then his players bottle it. Leatherhead were excellent.

• Billericay's defending for the Leatherhead third goal was unbelievably awful, but well done to the Tanners.

• Absolutely delighted it's Leatherhead. What a classic 2nd rd tie we have

They'll be dreaming of a win for the next two weeks; dangerous opponents who will need no motivation and have nothing to lose

• Will be good to see Sammy Moore and Jack Midson back at Adams Park again. The former came across so well last night and is probably the youngest and smallest manager we’ve ever seen at AP. Jack Midson was impressive last night and still carries quite a threat to any defence that isn’t fully switched on.
    Another interesting character in the Leatherhead ranks is 22 year old goalkeeper Zaki Oualah. He was signed from Glyn Creaser’s Aylesbury United earlier this year when Leatherhead found themselves without a fit ‘keeper. Leatherhead are his tenth club and, at 5’9”, he makes Scott Brown look like a giant.
    Interesting opponents, the Tanners.

• Yes definitely well done Leatherhead hopefully I can per suede my wife to let me attend

• @micra said:
    Will be good to see Sammy Moore and Jack Midson back at Adams Park again. The former came across so well last night and is probably the youngest and smallest manager we’ve ever seen at AP. Jack Midson was impressive last night and still carries quite a threat to any defence that isn’t fully switched on.
    Another interesting character in the Leatherhead ranks is 22 year old goalkeeper Zaki Oualah. He was signed from Glyn Creaser’s Aylesbury United earlier this year when Leatherhead found themselves without a fit ‘keeper. Leatherhead are his tenth club and, at 5’9”, he makes Scott Brown look like a giant.
    Interesting opponents, the Tanners.

Probably youngest, but Dennis Wise is 5'6 and managed Swindon when we played them in 2006.

• Delighted we've got Leatherhead.

Should be an exciting tie and it's a great chance to progress to round 3 again

• @BuckinghamBlue if not you may have to slink off