Skip to content

Match day thread: Swindon (EFL Trophy)

2»

Comments

• He's no mummy's boy

• Surely time to move on to YMK nationality puns. Any other action would be bizaire.

I think that list congo on and on and on

• Usual drill with this cup in all forms over the years. Win it, or go out as early as poss.

Shame we have another game to play in this, hopefully we'll have a few players back for the 28th Nov, so can at least rotate rather than playing whoever is walking.

• El-Abd needs to be careful, being over-confident can come back and bite you in the asp

• Ra ther tenuous that one

• Ra ther lost on me.

• Alternatively instead of reprising the El-Abd puns, we could move on to PCH - but maybe that would be inseine.

• Don't be a silly Giza Dev.

• we'll just Cairo on and on...

(Opps I think I just jumped the Shark...)

• edited November 2017

Cup crisis - remaining fit defenders have now gone down with flu.
    Morale of story: all sportsmen should be wary of Scarr's tissue.

• Re the points made earlier in the thread about the validity of this competition.
    Shouldn't we also apply a similar argument to the presence of Premier League clubs in the 'Football League' Cup?
    What justification was there for them remaining in the competition after they decided to quit the Football League? Has always seemed strange to me.

• With the Wet Sham game now being meaningless, why not auction off a few places in the team to fans.

Treat the competition with the contempt that it deserves and all that, save injuries to the first teamers

• @NewburyWanderer , they supply the glamour and the advertising revenue.
    This lower league cup has only a couple of things going for it, the money reward, and more games for those insatiable obsessives who would go to a game every day if there was one.