Skip to content

Tuesday Night - Record Breaker

I suspect most would agree that WWFC could do without Tuesday's game at Swindon, but the game may be best remembered for breaking a WWFC record. Anyone care to take a guess which?

Clue: It will make ex loanee and current Luton GK Marek Stech's great grandfather very happy!

Comments

• At least this isn't another thread about the awful WWFC GK kit! No suggested answers to this in 8.5 hours and I've no idea at all! Can you put us out of our misery DevC ;-)

• As you said rather tartly to one of my 'reflective' posts a couple of weeks ago DevC I really don't care.

• Furthest you've travelled to watch a game in 12 years?

• Is the answer Torquay away?

• I don't think I can guess as I haven't seen all of the available evidence.

• Take the actual answer, and belligerently argue the exact opposite?

• This thread must qualify as the silliest on record.

• @DevC said:

I suspect most would agree that WWFC could do without Tuesday's game at Swindon, but the game may be best remembered for breaking a WWFC record. Anyone care to take a guess which?

Clue: It will make ex loanee and current Luton GK Marek Stech's great grandfather very happy!

Does Mareks great grandfather own a Halloween costume shop opposite the County ground

• Is the answer that Marek's Great grandfather has managed to get a chaperone for his great grandaughter on her train trip up from the West country to Swindon ??

• I understand Stechs great granddaughter works in Hooters, Chas. No doubt you remember her well.

Anybody apart from Valley interested in the answer to the record that looks likely to be broken tomorrow night. (and its relation to Stechs Great grandfather for those who dont know).

• I'm finding it hard to imagine, even if he's still alive, how his great-grandfather will be made happy by any record broken by WWFC.

Have been digging around the internet for some time and can find no clue as to what this might be. Would be happy to be enlightened.

• Nope not interested, I expect the answer will be fairly dull.

• Someone said once you get to a certain age the only things that make you truly happy are
    Easily digestible foods, going a night without getting up to pee and the occasional fart

• Occasional? If only.

• Interested enough to express your disinterest,Roger?

Arguably you are right though, I never promised interesting, just a record.

And of course if YMK, WDH, AEA, LON, PCH and CMS all start, we will roll out a magnificent seventeen barrels in our starting line ups names - comfortably a record.

Worth waiting for I think.

Oh and the link to Stechs great granddad? - well he famously wrote the music for the song made famous in war-time.

• Phew!.......Thank's DevC, I'd never have got there. I hope any other potential WWFC records made tonight are positive and not too embarrassing.

• Colonel Bogey?

• Is that you on base, Peter? Hope the royalties paid for a shirt at least.

Roll out the barrel obviously.

• @BuckinghamBlue said:
    Someone said once you get to a certain age the only things that make you truly happy are
    Easily digestible foods, going a night without getting up to pee and the occasional fart

Farting and not following through, now thats something to celebrate.

• Interesting. How do you know that Stech is Vejvoda's great-grandson?

• @RogertheBandito said:
    Farting and not following through, now thats something to celebrate.

• Read in a newspaper article/interview thing a while ago (presumably when he signed for Luton) as I recall. Silly and essentially useless bit of trivia that somehow just sticks.

When I realised that good chance that over half the team tonight would be "double barrelled or similar", thought sprang into my head and I thought I would share.

• Does O'Nien count as a "double barrelled or similar" name?

• Is this thread the nadir of Gasroom 2.0?

• “Or Similar” I’d guess. As would El-Abd and Ma-Kalambay (neither double-barrelled in the traditional sense.) I take it that Dev meant the latter when he wrote YMK. Aah, just seen his first name - Yvette. Bloody predictive, Yves.

All this esoteric complexity and obscurity reminiscent of Round Britain Quiz.
    Glad it’s all over. Or is it?

• I decided to stay clear of the issues around describing those two names as 'double barrelled' @micra . I really hope it is all over too. A decent quiz question needs to make people care enough to know the answer. If this really is a 'record' as implied the world really is in a bad place.

• Not sure the world is really impacted by a minor thread on a sparsely populated football forum, Righty. Nor are their "issues" with description of footballers names.

I think you might be taking this place a tad too seriously.

• @DevC I think it's just my extremely negative view of you that clouds things. You never really disappoint or fail to bite. I'd love to be around when you talk to some Egyptians about how their names are 'double-barrelled'.

• @Right_in_the_Middle I think being around when Dev talks to an Egyptian would send you to sleep pretty quickly!