Skip to content

Match day thread: Swindon

124»

Comments

• edited October 2017

Each to their own, Mr Wendover.

I suppose some people must find Mrs brown's boys funny..............

• it literally never affects you Dev, stop worrying about it

• Ah yes @Devc I fear the days of rosettes, flat caps and swinging your rattle and calling 'What ho! Stout fellows! Put your best foot forward! Play up for Her Majesty!' are long gone.

• Is there really no middle ground between that and mindless witless abuse (like waving £5 notes at striking miners and their communities in Nottingham or accusing residents of York that they live in a shithole.). Each to their own.

• I don't think the rest of the nation's mining community, would have been that concerned with what was waved at a large section of Notts miners.
    Bad example Mr DevC.

• For once, chas, fair comment.

Principle stands though.

• Indeed...Once Old Ma Thatcher and Arthur Scargill had done their worst the insulting chants of a few drunken cockernees was a minor irritation. Still there are some things that are just 'banter' and @micra I hate myself for even using that phrase.

• @DevC if we all waited until we had something witty to say before barking out, it would be very quiet on Saturdays.

• A wit behind me shouted “Danny! remember to do a couple of practice dives!” as Luton were warming up, unfortunately as it turned out Danny doesn’t need to practice.

• Bit more polite than "Danny, you're a racist c**t and if you signed for us I'd never watch us again" I suppose