Skip to content

Match day thread: Colchester

13»

Comments

• @Twizz said:
    micra. Are you sory or sorry?

Oooh, you eagle-eyed anti-pedant you!

• Just watching the highlights, you have to be both impressed and a little confused by their goal. Keeper rolls it out and there's a grand total of 12 touches before it's in the goal. a) lovely move, great quick passing, I'm impressed. b) where the hell were all our players?

• An odd game really, as most have stated, we got more than we deserved really. A point would have been about right on the play that I witnessed, but makes up for the robbery of last Saturday. They really carved through us too many times for my comfort. Joe J was simply immense on the day, unbelievable blocks, goal line clearance, dead ball delivery, my MOTM. Performances of note for me, Dan Scarr made an excellent overall contribution in both boxes, (I know he got caught out with the ball inside the channel a few times, but that will improve), CMS worked his socks off, & deserved his goal, LO'N likewise & loved the way he launched into that tackle in 2nd half, Tyson looked almost back to his best running along the front line, Brownie had the best game I have seen him in a Wycombe shirt, Stewart did what Stewart does with regularity. Only downside for me was Eze, most likely because my expectations were probably too high & I'm sure he will quickly improve with games. A point worthy of praise was their keepers' save from Bayos' shot, simply incredible, off his foot & then whilst still in mid-air managing to scoop the ball out of play with his hand! Still shaking my head now.
    Overall, a good win in a soulless stadium, (I haven't been to Col U since Layer Road), and a hats off to our support which on the whole gave good support throughout, just wish the use of the word c@*t would be omitted especially in front of some our more senior ladies?

• Could be wrong, but I don’t think Eze is shown getting a touch on the ball in the whole 10 minute extended highlights.

• It was a joy to watch Eze spraying passes to his teammates early in the first half.

As the game wore on and the ball often bypassed midfield and sailed over his head he was naturally less effective.

• Weird, because I thought Eze was really good yesterday, and had him as best player until he went off. He looks so calm on the ball, always makes the right decision, helps out defensively, and runs at defenders. I thought he had another great game.

• re Eze - yes, he was quieter, but they'd done their homework on him and their no 4 was virtually man-marking him throughout the game. Will have been good experience for the lad to realise that he won't always get it his own way.

JJ's clearance was the "champagne moment" for me, although it was great to see both Tyson and CMS get their first goals. That will do them both a power of good.