Skip to content

Grimsby - score prediction

2»

Comments

• Just finished it. Brilliant, almost surreal, reading. Whether the credulity of the journalist or the delusion of the manager is the main driver of its rich value is hard to tell. Either way, highly recommended.

• For those that can't make it to Grimsby tomorrow fear not, I am supplying a link that matches the thrill & excitement of a GA tactical masterclass

• "Unless we get some loan players in, we're going down. There's only so much any manager could do with this personnel. In the last month I've gone 'OK, go on, who wants it?' No one grabbed the chance. They've not seized the day. I've not got any leaders."

Inspirational stuff

• Grimsby to win 4.3 goals to 2

• Or "Even if we lose 12 more games this season and the chairman comes over to shake my hand that really wouldn't matter. I already know I'm a good manager. Nothing can change that."

I'm pretty confident no one, except for punchy boxers and reality show contestants, speaks like that. It MUST be crappy journalism. It MUST. Right?

• edited August 2017

@Uncle_T God Almighty! How did it all pan out...?

• @HCblue I think it's borderline genius reporting. Adams will read that and think he comes across as smart, knowledgeable and the don of football. Everyone else who reads that has a right good laugh at the Dunning Kruger of football.

• @fedup1980 funnily the most vocal of GA's detractors would suggest his tactics consist of saying 'hoof it up to the big man' and pointing at Bayo's dome. Two minutes at most I would say.

• 5-0 Wycombe due to a scintillating display of free-flowing ball to feet football. Expectations raised to dizzying heights, Wycombe 'loyal supporters' linking arms with Gaseoom curmudgeons in the 75 minute to sing "There's only one Gareth Ainsworth/Adam El-And/Scott Brown". Dec C and Righty dance hand in hand along the seafront post-match and the ensuing YouTube video reaches the office of the President who is moved enough to get Kim Jong Un on the hotline and invite him round for a Big Mac and world peace. No-one is subject to a racial slur on twitter and the bovril is both hot and well stirred.

Or it goes tits up again.

• @Manboobs so that's where my rosey tinted glasses went? I'm with you Mb.

• edited August 2017

@Wendoverman I don't know about your rose tinted glasses but I now have a suspect for who raided my magic mushroom patch

• Nice post, @Manboobs. One small correction. The chant will be "There's only one f****** G**** c***/etc."

• @HCblue said:
    Nice post, Manboobs. One small correction. The chant will be "There's only one f****** G**** c***/etc."

Oh and back to reality I come with a bump.

• 0 - 0 at 90 mins. Ainsworth substitutes himself for Harriman who is playing on the right wing and immediately takes it to the corner flag. He is dispossessed, makes a sliding tackle as the ball is cleared and the ball flies goalwards and goes into the top far corner.
    0 - 1 Wycombe.

• @Uncle_T First time of reading, the line about how he 'still gets awe from the public in the supermarket' would've made me fire him on the spot

• @uncle T, Congratulations, You almost got the score right and spot on with the Red Card. 5 in 5 must be rank high if not a record for the Football league for the first five matches of the season.

• Though I got the times wrong I think I win the Stokes Clift Community Award for score prediction.

• I got the score correct just not the time of the winner i hang my head in shame.