Skip to content

Match day thread: Notts County

Comments

• It's actually 7 in 4 games conceding 10, good to see that those football reasons for not selling AP in January are not coming back to haunt us at all :-/

• Shout out to the Wycombe fans in the Frank Adams chanting "off off off" when the ref was talking to el Abd.

• It did show something to get back to 2-2, but it is a shame we look so wobbly every time a ball is knocked into our box. There are going to be a lot more high scoring games, seeing as so far both teams are guaranteed two goals just for showing up.

• Similar game o Cheltenham. Stinking start left us chasing the game, then we stuff up the comeback with some woeful defending.

I'd venture that our attacking football was better than County's. Second half we were excellent and looked a real threat. Could easily have put ourselves 3-2 ahead.

Defensively we look horrible. Not winning enough in the air and Brown really hasn't inspired any confidence at all.

• Brown couldn't command his area if he was playing with 6 year olds never came for a single cross which is what we desperately needed as for el abd he was absolute dominated and spent the game trying to foul amiobi and should have been sent off at the end but escaped with a yellow as for the performance 1st half dreadful 2nd better but we did score 2 wonder goals and desperately need fresh tactics and ideas mom Harriman by a mile

• @floyd My point still stands. Sometimes you lose games, but it's not like the end of the season two years ago when we couldn't buy a chance let alone a goal. We were dominant last week at Vale, and we're missing four quality creative players in Kashket, PCH, Saunders and Tyson, and our best defender in Stewart. I'm tired of the criticism that Ainsworth gets about style - it's League 2 and he does what he does to grind out results. We weren't exactly Brazil under O'Neill but it worked. And Ainsworth's approach works most of the time too. I wasn't there today but it sounded very much like we changed things up for the better at half time.

And as for that tweet by Adam Clift... he's old enough to know better. It's unacceptable.

• Letting in too many goals. Design of goalkeeper shirt not only disgusting, but not helping Brown put the strikers off from scoring. We need to change the shirt design and find a new keeper to replace Brown before the transfer windows closes.

• @Chris You are totally right about @clifty04. If he's left primary school, he should know better.

It's a moot point anyway, but I don't think GA should be replaced, and I understand we were lacking our three most creative outlets today, but giving up four at home to Notts County is unacceptable.

• Remarkable that something WWFC related today was less acceptable than our defensive performance. That something of course being Adam Clift.

• @Chris said:
    floyd My point still stands. Sometimes you lose games, but it's not like the end of the season two years ago when we couldn't buy a chance let alone a goal. We were dominant last week at Vale, and we're missing four quality creative players in Kashket, PCH, Saunders and Tyson, and our best defender in Stewart. I'm tired of the criticism that Ainsworth gets about style - it's League 2 and he does what he does to grind out results. We weren't exactly Brazil under O'Neill but it worked. And Ainsworth's approach works most of the time too. I wasn't there today but it sounded very much like we changed things up for the better at half time.

And as for that tweet by Adam Clift... he's old enough to know better. It's unacceptable.

That was a disgraceful thing to say. Mr Clift wouldn't have the balls to say that to GA s face .why doesn't he go to the next fans forum and put his points across. Easy to be a keyboard warrior isn't it Adam?

• Scott brown absolute nightmare. Could command his area. Fumble fumble
    El abd should have had red card. We could then have 3 matches with a centre half who could defend the high ball

• At this stage I think I'll be slightly disappointed if we don't bring in some goalkeeping competition and another centre half (most likely both on loan).

Obviously we have Stewart to come back in and we are on a tight budget but it really seems like we have a fundamental weakness at the heart of the defence on the evidence of the first three games.

• I blame the small pitch. There's no space for any creativity.

• Apart from the obvious what is the point of having ball boys. !

• Apart from fast, flight travel, what is the point of aeroplanes?

• My god the numpties are out tonight season over already is it ? Yes we need to sort our defence out, Stewart will help hopefully back next week. I'm sure can improve us defensively conceding 4 is poor at any level. We no doubt will score goals and if we can sort the defence out we will win more then we lose but we obviously missed Saunders today so the crux of the issue is can we remain lucky on the injuries if not we won't go up but it's too early to write us off.

• Forgot to mention the hayes contribution.
    Nothing to say

• A disappointing result today, but the second half did show that we can play football which is enjoyable to watch. Unfortunately, the OG in the first half and the third goal, following a foul close to our penalty area, undid the improvement. If the squad maintain the style we played in the second half I think the rest of the season could be very exciting and certainly enjoyable. Already we have scored 7 but conceded 8. So we can't say we are not seeing many goals. With the injured players back who knows how much better we might get. COYB's

• Who said the season was over? Must have missed that bit.

I'm wondering how El Abd got made captain, and if that means we're gonna have to watch him every week.

• Brown was absolute dog shit today and something needs doing about it !!

• Could have been worse - if it had not been for Harriman making 2 goal line clearances in the first half, it would have been 6-2.

• @OX66 if I'm a numpty for wanting a keeper who catches and defenders that defend, so be it.

• The disappointing thing is that most of all goals this season have come from clean, often impressive strikes, that the keeper did not touch. But many of the goals we have conceded have been scruffy or soft, as we fail to get it clear. Both our goals today were lovely, but to be undone by such dross at the back is a shame.

• @Wwfc2015_ some week player play good. Some week player play not so good.

• I've always been called a tactical maverick but I'd like to see us concede our two mandatory goals voluntarily in the first minute so we can spend the other 89 attacking.

• GA admits there is 'plenty to work on,' in the post match interview, so that's something at least.

• Just narrow the pitch!

• This defeat is solely down to the utter obstinancy of Ainsworth. Yes we had injuries, but playing Hayes who is well past his sell by date and Southwell who can't hit a barn door with a banjo alongside the Beast hasn't worked in the past and it won't work in the future.

The second half we were a different team because we had mobility and but for Brown having an off day, we would have snatched at least a point. I think the defence is struggling because last season we had a keeper who totally controlled his area, whereas Brown doesn't move off his line.

• If we started a petition to widen the pitch back to its original, proper dimensions, I wonder how many of the players would sign it.

• Start of the second half was good cms looked good looking for the through ball bu wasnt realesed a few times had a bit of tempo for about 20 mins but the rest of the game the long ball just didnt work bayo was geting a head on it but finding no one