Skip to content

Match day thread: Notts County

Comments

• Lincoln hoofed it, so we hoofed it. Vale played football, so we played football. Notts hoof it, so we do. DONT MATCH THEM. BETTER THEM GYPO! Posted by mr Clift on twitter how very civilised.

• It's actually embarrassing, ainsworth has no depth of coaching skills what so ever. If hoof ball doesn't work just keep it the same.....its quite upsetting iv been watching us since the mid 90s and I'd have to say the last 5 years have been the worst on the eye it's just not enjoyable I love this club but I can't watch this shit anymore

• Pub football.

• When we are bad we really are shocking. Very similar performance to Cheltwnham at home last season. Standing off, second to every ball. Shape all wrong and impotent up front.

Needs Bean on in the midfield. We aren't winning a single tackle in there.

And no pace upfront either. Bayo is the only one doing anything at all in attack.

Should have seen a change of personnel and shape after 20 mins as we were clearly set up wrong.

If like to see Bean and Freeman on for Hayes and Southwell. Go to 442 with a tight four in the middle to try and stop County's game playing off Ameobi and Stead.

• Don't worry. We're usually better in the second half of games...

• Looks like Freeman and CMS on. Thank fuck we are doing something

• On further review, I am upgrading that abject own goal from 'Comedy of Errors' to 'Tragedy of Errors'...

• Thank god I didn't buy a season ticket this season, even if GA gets us promoted I just can't watch his brand of football anymore, plus his continued signing of old players is a bit of a downer as well. How is another striker over the age of 30 the final piece to the jigsaw? I'm sorry GA but your bland football means I won't be returning until you've gone. I don't mind us losing if we play entertaining passing football but we don't even do that

• Freeman comes on at ht and scores, 1-2.

• Game on

• What more does he have to do to start games ahead of Hayes as he can as a winger or striker?

• @floyd said:
    Freeman comes on at ht and scores, 1-2.

Cracking hit too

• CMS has missed what sounds like quite a straightforward chance.

• @fedup1980 I'm with you it's so poor, and it seems to get worse every season he's really put his stamp on it now.....i use to take my 9year old football mad son but he refuses point blank to watch it now and now so do i....

• Game on! 2-2

• JJ! 2-2.

• What a strike!

• 7 goals in 3 games and people complain about the quality of football.

• It's actually 7 goals in 4 games. And we've conceded 8.

• League games.

• There is no denying that the quality of our football is very poor regardless of the goals

• @Chris the style of football is a fucking disgrace

• Bollocks! 2-3.

• And that's 4

• Does Scott Brown actually make saves? He does know the yellow jersey was designed to distract, not make the saves itself, right?

• Played some good stuff 2nd half. But Scott Brown is fucking awful. And I'd describe El-Abd as Beetonesque.

And if any confirmation were needed, Hayes is finished and Southwell is not up to it.

• Left ourselves too much to do. Three of their four goals were horribly soft. At least we are finding the net - 7 in 3 games, but 8 conceded is not going to cut it.

• I'm less angry at the 4-2 than I was at 2-0:

At least we played some footie second half and it was entertaining. Their third was undeserved but the fourth just shows how poor we are defensively compared to two years ago.

• @Chris said:
    7 goals in 3 games and people complain about the quality of football.

This has not aged well.