Skip to content

Hypoyhetical Question

QPR fan tells me starting to look likely that Smithies will stay at QPR. If so very possible they may loan out Matt Ingram.
Simple question, would you?

Comments

• 100% yes! Cant imagine he will.come to league 2 though

• why do you think they'll loan out Matt Ingram?

• We have a keeper.

• If he is No 2 they will keep him there surely?

• I believe they are concerned he may catch woodworm Eric.

I have no inside info beyond what a QPR supporting mate tells me is the fans mood. They see him as a promising GK who needs game time to develop into no 1 when Smithies leaves. They have a competent third choice to sit on the bench this season.

No idea whether this is true which is why this thread is titled "hypothetical question" (well hypoyhetical question actually).

• Normally, yes, but not if he has worms

• What's Dave Tarpey like in goal?

• @Wendoverman that's a very silly question, we all know he's nowhere near tall enough.

• I took my wife a cup of tea in bed and she called me a keeper, so maybe we don't need Ingram?

• Sorry, that was appalling. I apologise.

• Despite shipping two goals a match so far this season, I don't think Brown has actually done much wrong and has done a lot right. I wouldn't favour pushing him aside for a loanee Ingram at this point in time.

• I'm with you @Uncle_T he's looked pretty solid to me, behind some incidents of sloppy defending.

• edited August 2017

@Jonny_King your early apology does you credit.

• No need to apologise, @Jonny_King . That was a good one.

• Brown is fine. But if someone better were available, which Ingram clearly is, and the cost was affordable, would be daft not to upgrade, hypothetically.

• GA won't do that to Brown again, he has done alot right and deserves the shirt at the moment.

• Nuts to that, @rmjlondon . Brown, estimable fellow though I am sure he is, is a pro and knows the score. There's no deserving the shirt about it. If someone better were available, someone better should play.

• I always opt for Brown if in the red

• edited August 2017

Beware rose tinted glasses, I think. Ingram will one day be a lot better than Brown. Are we sure he's a lot better now, though? We loved Matt as "one of our own" but I don't think Scott's yet had a chance to show us how good he is.

• Unlike Blackman I don't think Ingram offers enough that Brown doesn't that it would be worth the disruption of bringing him back.

Also if I were Ingram I'd rather go to a different club to gain wider experience of football. What more does he have to learn coming back to Wycombe?

• I think Scott Brown will do us proud this season

• Yet another vote of confidence for Scott Brown. Good on 'im.

Confession time. I didn't get Jonny King's quip re "keeper". As it has been described as both appalling and a good one, I am intrigued and would love someone to explain it to me. I wondered if 'keeper' had some obscurely vulgar connotation (I am naive, after all) but googling produced diddly squat.

• Oh dear, you know it's a bad joke when you have to explain it! My good lady was suggesting I was 'worth keeping', which just goes to show how little she really knows me.

• Ahmmm. Can't deny that's a bit of a let-down Jonny but enjoyed The Wanderer especially the italicised piece - it's in the kitchen so don't want to wake the dog to get the title. It's lie-in time! The joy of retirement is still strong after 22 years!

• edited August 2017

Ingram played in the EFL on the 8th August, kept a clean sheet, and QPR are through to the next round. It is far more likely they will keep him, and that is where he'll get his game time while they stay in the competition.

• I imagine GA has the usual contingency that, in the event of injury to Brown , he has the London Prem and Championship clubs on speed dial re a loan signing of a young keeper . The only thing I m not sure of is can you still do this outside the transfer window?

• You can but only for an injured keeper i think as we couldn't be expected to play Richardson every week.

• edited August 2017

We can, because Brown is our only keeper we can make an emergency loan signing outside of the window. Richardson 'doesn't count' as he hasn't played the required amount of games in the required amount of years.

• Glad you enjoyed it @micra!

• We need to pin a 'can we sign a goalkeeper?' thread since we have this conversation every year!