Skip to content

Fee agreed for new signing but so far no terms

edited August 2017 in Football

We have agreed terms with another League 2 club for the transfer of a Midfield player, this really does surprise me as I fully expected the signing GA keeps mentioning would be a forward.

Comments

• Ruth?

• Trawl the internet for the answer cos Im not telling you, your a clown !

• So this answer came from some dodgy website or random twitter feed rather than someone in the know?

• no but it is in the public domain now as the selling club have made it so.

• We've already signed him Tom. Egyptian international.

• We didnt pay a fee for El Abd

• Indeed he is, @micra

• I have some insider news...just look on the internet and you'll find it. (Not the stuff about six foot lizards taking over the world though...)

• From what I have read we have offered Joel Grant as he hasn't accepted His current offer, also Portsmouth are looking at Danny Rowe

• Reading further he has signed for plymouth

• Joel Grant that is

• Good spot, @Vital . I notice Tarpey of Maidenhead is in that article too. On a short look last week, and by reputation, he seems like he might fit the Kashket role quite well if we want another striker (which I think we do if SK is going to be out a lot).

• @HCblue Having watched Tarpey a lot last season, I would love to see him feeding off Akinfenwa in a front-two in the absence of Kashket.

Unlikely though. Neither Tarpey nor I imagine a front-two!

• AFC Fylde pay higher wages than we do, so not much chance of that happening ... I understand Myles Weston is on 3k a week at Ebbsfleet.

• edited August 2017

@rmjlondon Maybe read the thread again? It's Pompey not us who are 'reportedly' watching Fylde's Rowe.

• I do so love your informed insider knowledge of the financial dealings of so many clubs and individuals @rmjlondon.

Your reading of posts on here is less impressive. I would assume Portsmouth can pay higher wages than AFC Flyde - which was the story about where (their) Danny Rowe may go

• @Vital What would you see as the reasons for Tarpey being an unlikely signing? Age? The need for a transfer fee?

• @HCblue He's just signed a new contract at Maidenhead.

• That would also be an issue, at least inasmuch as it means there would definitely be a fee.

• It would also probably imply he wants to stay at Maidenhead.

• edited August 2017

While it'd be super naïve to believe Weston's sob story about the travel/his son, versus "more money" at Ebbsfleet, it's very hard to believe anything Richie comes up with.

• sadly weston conned the club into releasing him for personal reasons ... but thats GA for you naive with tactics and player management.

• Hopefully one day GA will see sense and invite Richie into his team. Until then, we remain braced for mediocrity...

• That's @rmjlondon for you. Full of shrewd insights and the occasional Freudian character analysis.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • he has done no better than any other manager would have done, the fact he persists with the system even when its so clearly not working is a massive issue for me which is why he has never gone higher cos he lacks tactically, he is all about hard work and running the legs off the other team.