Skip to content

Line - Up

2»

Comments

• I think we will win the league

• And the FA Cup?

• And the Champions League

• I'd like to see a front three of Kashket, Tyson and PCH. All three are fast and all three are deadly. With perhaps the exception of PCH through the middle, all three are comfortable across the front line and can continually interchange. Most importantly though, none of them are hugely built so route one football might take a backseat and we might use the skills of our midfielders. If I could change one thing from last season to this, it is thus. Bayo to come on as a super-sub for the last 30 mins each match to bully tiring defenders.

• You can't leave out Akinfenwa, he was our best player by miles last season

My plan would be to come up with whatever formation gets Sam Saunders on the ball as much as possible, which probably means playing him in a midfield 3 with 2 of O'Nien, Gape and Bean around him to do all the scrappy bits then give him the ball

Pretty much what we did last game of the season against Cambridge when Saunders was different class to every other player on the pitch

• I concur Eric.

• @rmjlondon said:
    I would have money on it that Tyson scores less goals than Garry Thompson did last season.

Ding Ding free money here

• and the Cup. I've got that douuuble feeling. wooooaaah that double feeling

• @LX1 said:
    and the Cup. I've got that douuuble feeling. wooooaaah that double feeling

Lunchtime bender @LX1?

• Tyson scored 0 goals in Scotland last season and the standard is very similar infact League 2 is more physical, I suspect 5 goals max from Tyson.

• Horses for courses Richie; just you wait and see.

• can't score from 2 yards tonight, won't score may goals my old son !!!!

• Rmj - get a frigging life pre season means nothing

• come on @rmjlondon say something positive about the season ahead...as if you want the team to do well rather than just confirm your black cloud of despond.

• @eric_plant said:
    You can't leave out Akinfenwa, he was our best player by miles last season

My plan would be to come up with whatever formation gets Sam Saunders on the ball as much as possible, which probably means playing him in a midfield 3 with 2 of O'Nien, Gape and Bean around him to do all the scrappy bits then give him the ball

Pretty much what we did last game of the season against Cambridge when Saunders was different class to every other player on the pitch

Agreed re Saunders and although it might not be popular with some fans Beano is the man who bought him the time and space last game of last season, play them with either of O'Nein and Gape depending on fitness and form.