Skip to content

Tyson has signed!

Announced tonight.

Comments

• Great news

• Yes great news.

• Predictions @trevor et al: "underwhelming/another old past it/got rid of Thompson & replaced with worse etc blah blah!
    Personally I'm quite happy that whilst he may have lost some pace he has probably gained great experience to replace it with?

• How is a great addition exaclty just a desperation signing thats all

• Do you want to have another go at writing that?

• Looks like you have had more than one shandy tonight Trevor!

• Tyson looked as fit and pacey as anyone this evening.

• Agree with @micra a real buzz around us when he had the ball

• Well worth a gamble - looking forward to seeing him in action.

• @trevor Do you remember impact Cyrille Regis and Simon Garner had?

• Indeed they were brilliant signings

• I think @trevor is probably tucked up by now.

• @micra Well, it sounds like "tucked up" anyway...

• Signing a lot of people seem happy with and a friendly win? Pass @trevor the Gaviscon

• We certainly needed another forward in the squad. Glad it is someone mobile with the ability to play through the middle or out wide, and a little bit of height as well (I think Tyson must be a slightly over 6ft?).

I'd expect to see him play wide in a front three when either Kashkett and/or PCH are unavailable and perhaps through the middle as an alternative to Bayo on occasion.

The nostalgia element (I'm sure at some point he will say he has 'unfinished business' at WWFC) is a nice bonus.

• We certainly needed another forward in the squad. Glad it is someone mobile with the ability to play through the middle or out wide, and a little bit of height as well (I think Tyson must be a slightly over 6ft?).

I'd expect to see him play wide in a front three when either Kashkett and/or PCH are unavailable and perhaps through the middle as an alternative to Bayo on occasion.

The nostalgia element (I'm sure at some point he will say he has 'unfinished business' at WWFC) is a nice bonus.

• @Glenactico you've reached that age when you think; Have I already said that?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Glenactico you've reached that age when you think; Have I already said that?

I hope not as I'm only 28! Although as a 'millennial' I suppose I ought to be more concerned that my IT skills are so lacking that I've managed to make a mess of posting on an Internet message board.

• @Glenactico - I am sure Micra could give you a few IT lessons!

• This will work NT will be a perfect fit so I think we'll be scoring plenty although without AP we're not anywhere near as defensively strong this season to come so we probably will be conceding more.

• @Morris_Ital said:
    This will work NT will be a perfect fit so I think we'll be scoring plenty although without AP we're not anywhere near as defensively strong this season to come so we probably will be conceding more.

I think you may be pleasantly surprised by how little we will miss Aaron Pierre. If anything, I think the back four may be rather better organised under the influence of Adam El-Abd.
    Also, although he still looked a little languid at times, Max Müller oozed class and football intelligence. Not sure about the blonde barnet though.

• Though he made mistakes in the couple of February/March matches he played that I saw, he was very good to watch. His keenness to play, you know, football was refreshing and enjoyable.

• Yes indeed @HCblue.>

@mooneyman said:

Glenactico - I am sure Micra could give you a few IT lessons!

Too true - just look at that umlaut in Müller!

• Worth adding that the mistakes I remember were defensive ones - slightly off positioning or mistimed challenges - rather than footballing ones: his skills were very good (by L2 defender standards). Hopefully, those defensive skills are the sort that a keen student can learn with experience. I hope for the best with him.

• @micra I hope you're right my friend I definitely believe in the old adage that winning teams are built from the back

• I must admit that I'm not convinced we will be that much weaker at the back and the advantages of having an experienced head around could greatly benefit Max and WDH's development. I do think we will miss APs 'presence' though. Can't have been many forwards at our level who were happy when he was on the team sheet. Still Al-Abd looks pretty scary in the photos I've seen of him so we may be okay

• Given that we had arguably the best CB in the division and arguably the best GK, surely it is only logical that we will be weaker now that they have gone. We wait to see how well Brown and El Abd can step into their shoes in competitive matches.

I see Muller has gone from useless donkey to conquering hero on the back of one friendly game. A sense of perspective on both counts perhaps required? He has now had (or shortly will have had) a full pre season and a chance to assimilate into the English lower league way of playing. that must be a plus. He is yet to be tested this season against a hairy arsed experienced Lg2 target man in a full speed competitive game. Time will tell here too.

• @DevC it isn't the same people that were calling Muller a donkey that are now saying he looks good.

• I have never thought of Muller as a poor player. Always hoped he would come good for us and given a chance, this could be his season.

• For me the key benefit of having Pierre was his dominance in the air. Most teams at this level rely on a centre forward to win flicks, free kicks etc for on long balls as their primary means of getting up the field. Having Aaron in the side made it so difficult for the opposition to ever boss is that way. And on the occasions when the opposition looked instead at a ball over the top he was superb at getting his body between the forward and the ball to squeeze out the attack.

In my view we struggled defensively when teams got the ball down and tried to pass around us. At times Pierre and Stewart would get dragged out of position.

Perhaps that will reverse somewhat if El Abd is a good organiser but slightly less commanding in the air.

In any event in sure we will be fine. I'd have been more than satisfied with Stewart and Jombati as the starting pair so we have plenty of options.

On Muller, I wonder if he'd ever get a go in central midfield? Good ball player and a mistake on the halfway line is less costly than in our box