Skip to content

Match day thread: Wimbledon

Comments

• I will be on a train coming home from work so good luck to the boys tonight. Hopefully you can put a smile on the faces of @trevor and @Wwfc2015_

• I fear that could only be achieved with surgery.

• Sadly have to miss tonight as it's my daughters 18th birthday and I will be removed from my crown jewels with a blunt instrument if I attempted to sneak out. Hope we play some decent on the floor footie to surprise us all. Enjoy guys and girls.

• Triallist GK, Tyson and a QPR Left Back by the name of Jack Williams all in tonight's squad.

• Announcement at 1930

• The club are teasing a transfer announcement at 730 given Tyson is named in the squad id say it's pretty clear what it is...

• And you're right, one year deal

• So happy for Jack Williams - I used to teach him

• Is he a local lad?

• Going to be really hard for the moaners to find eke material if this keeps up...

• A very good 45 mins.

• Optimistically clicked on those expecting to see the goals!

• @TheatreOfChairs said:
    Is he a local lad?

Hayes / West Drayton area

• @Malone said:
    Optimistically clicked on those expecting to see the goals!

Yes instead I got someones gcse graphics project

• Max Muller was my man of the match tonight, although the official MOM Luke O'Nien was also superb. Nathan Tyson was excellent and Sido also looked good when he came on.

• Glad to hear Max had a good game, have high hopes for him. How did the triallist LB look?

• Not dissimilar to Gape in physique. Very quick and made a couple of vital interventions.

• Cheers mate. Hopefully will get another chance against Maidenhead.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Glad to hear Max had a good game, have high hopes for him. How did the triallist LB look?

Very impressive going forward, extremely quick too. Slight fair-haired lad and not very tall. My eyesight, the indifferent floodlights and distance from where I was sitting (outside the Woodland Lounge) prevent me from being able to assess his defensive qualities.
    The fact that he was named on the team sheet suggests that he may be coming on loan. The GK was listed as a trialist and didn't get on.

• Very generous description of the floodlights, Mr Micra.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks Micra. So he's still a QPR player then and not a free agent? Gaz did say last week that he was close to bringing in a loan player.

Slightly odd that the triallist GK never came on.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The floodlights have seemed very poor for the last couple of years or so (since the last upgrade I think). Mind you, it could be my eyes! But, from my position standing against the fence in front of the Beechdean, towards the Valley End, it was almost impossible to make out Matt Bloomfield taking a couple of late corners. There was no light at all in that area of the pitch, but I still had to shield my eyes from the glare coming from above. Seems to me that the lights are probably powerful enough, but badly positioned/adjusted.

• The big question is - will we put the Cherry Red Cup in our squad photo, like we did a few years back with the pre-season trophy we won in Ibiza?

• Didn't go this evening , has the pitch been widened?

• @braywanderer said:
    Didn't go this evening , has the pitch been widened?

No. (Well, if it has been, it can only be a few inches.)